Forum Regular

Sherwood CD Player?

Does anyone have any experience with Shrewood CD players? In particular, I have been looking at model CDC-5090R, which is a cd changer. I'm looking for a decent inexpensive ($100 to $200) cd changer. Any suggestions welcome. I currently own a Denon DCM -270 and it is starting to skip. After 6 years, I think that it is time to replace it. I'm also looking for a cd player that can be powered on and off with a remote or one with a 12 volt trigger. I'm open to the idea of using a dvd as a music only as well. Thanks.

-Mark
    Last edited by Mark111867; 11-24-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Linear Guy

options

I had a Denon 370 that is in the bedroom now. My upgrade was to the Cambridge Audio 640 C at about 500.00. At that price point you have good options for entry level high(er) end single play CD decks and you will likely notice a big improvement over the 100-200 players. In the 100-200$ price range I don't believe there will be that much difference in sound between platter type players. Check out the Cambridge Audio gear at Audio Advisor. There are entry level single play job for around 299 I think, possibly much less for a demo. If you like the convenience of a platter, then consider practically any deck with an external DAC (used of course). Your Idea of using a DVD player is not bad at all. I have a Samsung I paid 58.00 for at best buy, its audio performance is not bad at all. You can always return it if not. dk

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the response. I ordered a Marantz CC4300 player yesterday.

Thread Information