My new DAC

Printable View

• 05-15-2015, 04:52 AM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    Well I just pulled the trigger on the Cary Audio 200ts DAC. I will post a review next weekend after it arrives.

Excellent, I'll be waiting for a report in due time.
  • 05-18-2015, 09:36 AM
    frenchmon
    Congrats! Just might be what you need seeing you thought the Marantz was to fast. And Raven...to be honest....after I heard the Marantz again in a shootout with the Bracasti as well as the Cary DAC...it was really out classed. In comparison it seemed to be a bit bass heavy, and bright. The Bricasti in my opinion really showed the Marantz was out classed, but hey, I know on some products the performance really out shines the price paid, but not the Marantz....it has never been a brand to give more than its worth, so to that point, the $3500 Marantz just couldn't hang with the Bricasti in that system. Most of us there thought the Cary was much better in SS mode rather then tube mode...but if the BAT/Pass gear is aggressive, then your Cary tube DAC may be just right....you may have found the right synergy that's needed for a system to click! I look forward to your review!
  • 05-18-2015, 02:46 PM
    blackraven
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    Congrats! Just might be what you need seeing you thought the Marantz was to fast. And Raven...to be honest....after I heard the Marantz again in a shootout with the Bracasti as well as the Cary DAC...it was really out classed. In comparison it seemed to be a bit bass heavy, and bright. The Bricasti in my opinion really showed the Marantz was out classed, but hey, I know on some products the performance really out shines the price paid, but not the Marantz....it has never been a brand to give more than its worth, so to that point, the $3500 Marantz just couldn't hang with the Bricasti in that system. Most of us there thought the Cary was much better in SS mode rather then tube mode...but if the BAT/Pass gear is aggressive, then your Cary tube DAC may be just right....you may have found the right synergy that's needed for a system to click! I look forward to your review!

Thanks Frenchmon. You are spot on with the Marantz. I pick up the Cary on Wed. I probably won't get to play with it until Thursday as I am working an afternoon-evening shift in the clinic.