AR Newbie Registered Member

Calibrating A Sony DVP 7700??

I am using the Sony DVD player and i think it's the culprit in messing up the color in the picture. The color from the digital I/O cable seems perfect on the Samsung DLP set. When watching any DVD there are mainly red and green hues. I downloaded the documentation from Sony as I thought there may be a menu I wasn't getting to but I couldn't identify any way to adjust this. If you have any knowledge on how to fix this problem or if I am wrong and it is a different issue please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarr25
    I am using the Sony DVD player and i think it's the culprit in messing up the color in the picture. The color from the digital I/O cable seems perfect on the Samsung DLP set. When watching any DVD there are mainly red and green hues. I downloaded the documentation from Sony as I thought there may be a menu I wasn't getting to but I couldn't identify any way to adjust this. If you have any knowledge on how to fix this problem or if I am wrong and it is a different issue please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

I serioulsy doubt the color balance in the DVD player is adjustable.
    I am not totally understanding what you are doing. Where is the video signal coming from when it appears perfect?

Do you have another TV or at a friend's house to try the Sony? It is usually the TV that is calibrated, not the DVD player.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Try the rf output to the antenna input and see if the problem is corrected. if it is, the problem is probably in the cable. If not, it is in the DVD player. If it's not in the DVD player, it sounds like you probably have an open circuit in the B(blue) connection. Try switching between the RCA RGB jack connections and the 5 pin connections. If the problem is with one or the other but not both, your cable or the jack at either end is defective. Try the DVD player with another television set trying both the RGB and the 5 pin connections. If the DVD player works properly with the other TV set, the problem is in the input circuit of your TV set, maybe even its input jack. Try checking your cable with a meter for continuity from end to end. Also check for shorts to the shield ground and for a 5 pin cable from each pin to every other pin and from each pin to the shield.

Thread Information