Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by magictooth
    Not sure if you're referring to my speakers or if you're just making a general statement, but the speakers that I have are rated +/-3dB from 40-20K Hz. I've also got a sub (which I forgot to list) that is set up via variable crossover at about 40 Hz. The reason why I forgot is that it rarely ever turns on. I think that most music is played above 40 Hz although I realize that there are a ton of exceptions. I think that it might have gotten some use when STP was playing, but otherwise it just sits there quiet as as a mouse.
    I was just making a general statement.

I also found that Toshiba SD-3960 DVD player is an excellent Cd player also. Here is my report:

Today's DVD players are also excellent CD player (analog out).

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I am trying to find why people are arguing. The guy did a test and found a difference with one unit and less of a difference between the other two. If you happen to love that disc where he scored 5/5 then the extra money would be worth it to get the better sound.

I have long been a proponant that cd players can sound different/better/worse because any engineer can MAKE anything sound different from something else DELIBERATELY and it's in their best interest to do so.

Most cd players for a lot of music sound virtually identical most of the time. Even sighted this is true for me. In fact two units I thought sounded identical proved otherwise in my own blind audition - so what ya know a blind test actually helped me notice a difference I could not perceive sighted.

CD players have gotten a lot better in every regard - I don't see spending more than $1k adding any benefit to cd replay - Some are forcably altered by a manufacturer perhaps and may very well sound DIFFERENT - but the question shuld be asked do such players actually sound better or perhaps they are hampering the signal and making it less acurate?

This applies to a MIT cable that had a box connected to the wire - it was over $100.00 and yes I would have to agree that cables can sound different - unfortunately it made the sound FAR worse than cheap $10.00 runs they had before. Worse is different though so I can't argue with it but I can argue the benefit of paying more for the worse cable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information