AR Newbie Registered Member

Computer Speakers

Hi, I'm new to this forum and home audio. I don't want Logitech speakers, and something perferrabley with a 5" or larger speaker/woofer. I will be using my laptop to play the speakers which has a medicore soundcard, but I may upgrade it depending on the type of speakers I choose. I've listened to my friend's M-Audio BX8; he has a little home studio set up at home. I would like the speakers to be powered, and no bigger than the BX8as, since I don't have too much room. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Forum Regular
    I have to be totally honest here - I am not familiar with the speakers you mention your friend having, but I do know the Logitechs. I currently have a set of Cambridge Soundworks D210 speaker system connected to my PC and the system sounds very good. This is a 2.1 system. It is self-powered and can blow the roof off the room if desired! I have played classical,jazz, and rock - everything on this system and it sound very good to me. The system can be had for about $200.00. It was a bargain in my opinion! Hope you find something that pleases you.

All the best,
    Bettercheddar

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hey, thanks for the suggestoin. My budget is $600CND max. I've also heard good things about Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s. I don't play video games or watch videos on my laptop; they will be use strictly for music, mainly rap. I don't want to spend too much money because that will be reserved for a future HT setup. I don't want the highs to be too bright, and I would also like to have good mids. Thanks for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by ironringed
    I would like the speakers to be powered, and no bigger than the BX8as, since I don't have too much room. Any suggestions?Thanks
    As a planar fan, I recommend the Monsoons. They are like mini-Magneplanars and come with a sub. Here's a pic of my setup:

The sub is located below the desk. They are very open sounding for a "computer speaker" and are definitely within your budget.

rw

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Deja Vu all over again

Quote Originally Posted by bettercheddar
    I have to be totally honest here - I am not familiar with the speakers you mention your friend having, but I do know the Logitechs. I currently have a set of Cambridge Soundworks D210 speaker system connected to my PC and the system sounds very good. This is a 2.1 system. It is self-powered and can blow the roof off the room if desired! I have played classical,jazz, and rock - everything on this system and it sound very good to me. The system can be had for about $200.00. It was a bargain in my opinion! Hope you find something that pleases you.

All the best,
    Bettercheddar
    I'm running a 210d on my computer, but I have upgraded the sats to a pair of CSW S300's. Came to about 5 beans total, but it makes a laughing stock of what you can buy at your local computer store.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

I love my Monsoons, do they still make them?

Thread Information