Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    "...Hints: Tape the micro-switch on the top panel & try playing it without the glass cover...the soundstage opens further. Vocal will be brighter & the higher musical notes more extended!..."

Now, if that ain't a crock, I don't know what is...
    Straw man. I assume you'd equate break in and power cable effects with the above. Time for a logic class. Learn to make distinctions now and then.

Forum Regular
    You ignore my advice at your own peril. Your post demonstrates that I have given you the best advice you can get. If you don't follow it, it is YOU who will remain ignorant and waste your money, not me.

Forum Regular
    [QUOTE=astrod2]
    For what it's worth, the loudness difference is gone now. It's either break in or the new power cables. Something changed.[/QUOT]

Yep, something changed but it ain't the break in or the power cables. Maybe it is your procedures, your perceptions, who knows but it is certain it aint the break in or power cords.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Please tell us what education and personal experience you have to prove your side Mytrcraft.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Sorry you don't get it...

...in fact, I sincerely doubt you would get it if it were on your kitchen table, in a big, brown bag marked "IT"...

Again, you ignore everything else in my post to zero-in on something you think you can get some mileage on...Can you say smokescreen?...

It has been my experience(and I'm sure there are others who can corroborate with experiences of their own) that most adherents to the voodoo mythology, exhibit certain characteristics. While not neccessarily buying into every so-called tweak and/or green marker, solder formulation or styrofoam cup, break-in/burn-in and/or power cord, they are of a type...replete with stock answers et al, easily led(or misled as the case might be) by those who seem to have all the answers...and more importantly, victims of a misplaced trust in their own "senses"...See, fact is, I don't have ANY answers...all I have is questions, unfortunately none of my questions are in the script so it really tends to ruffle feathers...The CDP example merely typifies an extreme fringe of the profile; however I did not create it...merely cited it! Quoted it, in fact...it needed no embelishments. No straw, no smoke and mirrors.

You can purchase a laser-etched, mahogany, or was it walnut?...box, filled with proprietary "stardust"...plug all your components into it and swear, on that previously-mentioned stack o'mags, it somehow affects the sound...you can hear what you want, believe what you want, spend your cash as you see fit...makes you happy?...knock yerself out!

jimHJJ(...Just don't expect to not get flak when you post about it...and don't take any of this personally...my response was meant for all participants...)
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 05-07-2004 at 06:21 AM. Reason: further inclusions

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 996turbo
    Please tell us what education and personal experience you have to prove your side Mytrcraft.

Ah, it is you who have to demonstrate with evidence any and all of your testable claims which so far you have failed miserably. Stating and claiming is not evidence, is it. Invoking testimonials is not evidence. This isn't an infomercial station, is it?
    Let's have some evidence, not just endless claims to trust you, your perceptions. That is not how it works. So, the only thing that is relevant is what you can demonstrate with evidence, nothing else. My experience, education, systen if I even have one, will not demonstrate what you can really hear, what others can really hear instead of imagining things and being reinforced by others imagination. Sorry.
    mtrycrafts

DMK
    Forum Regular

Ahem!

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Ah, the holistic approach to audio. No facts or basis in reality needed.. .only a belief and a feeling of well being and satisfaction. If it feels good, do it. Now, if we were apying this to a self induced physical sensation I'd have a name for it.

As the beatles said "life is easy with eyes closed..."
    The Beatles said "LIVING is easy with eyes closed" (emphasis mine).

Ok, back to my self induced physical sensations! I'm going for the gold medal this year, doncha know!

DMK
    Forum Regular

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...in fact, I sincerely doubt you would get it if it were on your kitchen table, in a big, brown bag marked "IT"...)
    LOL! Is this your bit or did you purloin it somewhere? Excellent! )

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

In all honesty...

...Rowan Atkinson..."The Thin Blue Line"

jimHJJ(...I never throw away the good ones...)

Forum Regular
    On a less controversial note. I apolagize for continually misspelling your handle. I see it is Mtrycraft not Mytrcraft. I guess one of those JND

What does it stand for?

I believe it is obvious what mine stands for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information