Forum Regular

Best Volume Setting

I just recently purchased and installed a Creative 24bit Live external sound card. I am using the digital coaxil from my sound card to my home stereo receiver. I use Music Match 10.0 to play my music files. Does anybody know what would be the best volume setting on MusicMatch. Also what should I set the output volume on my External Sound card for the best sound possible?
    Any Suggestions?

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I also use this card

Quote Originally Posted by gcook67
    I just recently purchased and installed a Creative 24bit Live external sound card. I am using the digital coaxil from my sound card to my home stereo receiver. I use Music Match 10.0 to play my music files. Does anybody know what would be the best volume setting on MusicMatch. Also what should I set the output volume on my External Sound card for the best sound possible?
    Any Suggestions?
    But the internal version. With a digital connection I don't think it makes much of a difference what volume you use. The only problem would be if you were using analog connectors and pushing too much current to your receiver and overloading the preamps. With digital this is impossible, as the receiver is only decoding the signal.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Thread Information