Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Guys also - did I make a mistake buying the NAD C525BEE for $349 ? I found the Cambridge 540C v2 for $425- My wife thinks I should of sprung for the Cambridge for the small price difference..
    I dont mean to obssess about this but I hate buying something sight and sound unseen. I have been dependent on only reviews that I could find .
    The player would be paired with a new Cambridge 640A V2 integrated amp.
    THANKS !
    Russ

You will be ok with the NAD. I would have gotten the 640c for around $600 or the Music Hall 25.2 CDP for $$550. The marantz 5001 is also a bargain at $250-300 and has been compared to $600 players. Many people on this forum have and really enjoy this player.
    I dont think the 540c will offer any great advantage over the NAD. CDP's all have different sound and its just finding the right one for your system. NAD has a warmer sound and would be good for bright sounding speakers and receiver. The MH and 640c have a more neutral sound and are less forward sounding.

www.hcmaudio.com has the Music Hall for $540 including shipping. Check out the review at stereophile magazine.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Forum Regular
    Blackraven

Thanks for your input - I will let the order stand and should get the NAD later this week.

As you can tell I am doing allot of catching up on new equiptment available.

My wife and I just returned from visiting family for Christmas and I hooked up my new Cambridge 640 integrated amp with my current Magnavox cd player WOW it sounds fantastic !!!

I still have the owners manual and I pulled up the specs' on my old player. Its a Magnavox CDB 614 with a D/A conversion :Bitstream conversion 256X oversampling, 1 bit, dynamic range 92db, channel seperation95db and a signal to noise ratio of 100db (A weighted).

I have no idea what that technical data means but at the time aprox 15 yrs ago it was a good player. From what everyone has said the new NAD should sound MUCH better- hard to imagine though - I really am enjoying the Cambridge 640 its a big step up from my 16 year old NAD receiver !
    I am hearing things on tracks that I never heard before !!

Happy New Year !

Russ DeJulio
    Pittsburgh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information