AR Newbie Registered Member

90 min audio cass to CD

Hi,

I'm digitizing audio cassettes and burning to CD. However I can't get a 90 min cassette (digitized) to fit on one CD when burning as an Audio file. I've tried .wav, , wma, and mp3 to see if I can reduce them enough but no go. I'm thinking there must be a way to fit these on. I know burning as a data file will do it but we want to play these on all CD machines.

Regards,
    V.

The standard CD format is limited to 80 min. If you want to get 90 min and a disc, you would have to rip it to mp3 or similar and play it on a compatible player.

I've digitized cassets and found the same shallenge. Do make two 45 min discs? Or one 60 and one 30? Do you put filler on the end? The situation is indeed sub-optimal.
    Amp Shanling A3000-> speakers Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand CD Rotel RCD 991 AE TT: Well Tempered Record Player-> AT OC9MLII -> Jolida JD9. cables from AQ, Siltech, Bogdan, Signal DH Labs, etc...
    Some pictures of it all

PDN
    Forum Regular
    Hey Brett A:

How do you like your B&W 683's? I see you're driving them with some heavy power (2 x 200 W into 8 ohms RMS). Wow, do you see the drivers actually moving back and forth with that much power? How loud do you listen in dB's? I have a Rotel RCD 1072 and the older DM603 S3's driven by a Marantz SR5600 A- V receiver. It cooks and rocks. My next logical loudspeaker upgrade some day will be to the 683's. Do you highly recommend them?

take out the bad songs
    two 45 min cds
    5 cds for every 4 tapes
    mp3 cds
    dvds using authoring program like diskwelder

B&W 683 Review

Quote Originally Posted by PDN
    Hey Brett A:

How do you like your B&W 683's? I see you're driving them with some heavy power (2 x 200 W into 8 ohms RMS). I have a Rotel RCD 1072 and the older DM603 S3's driven by a Marantz SR5600 A- V receiver. It cooks and rocks. My next logical loudspeaker upgrade some day will be to the 683's. Do you highly recommend them?

FYI: I"VE STARTED A NEW THREAD IN "SPEAKERS" W/ A COPY OF THIS POST. If you want to respond re: these speakers, plaese consider posting it there. Thanks --brett

I really love my B&W's. What leads me to say this is how seldom I think about them. Rarely do they draw attention to themselves. I'd say their strengths -at least in my system- are detail resolution, soundstage, and frequency range (This can actually be disconcerting when i hear the heal pounding of a musician and think something is going on in the house) Music seems to transition through the crossovers smoothly and without fault.

They have handled every upgrade I have made to the components in between them. When I upgraded to an amp with a massive, deep soundstage, they produced a massive, deep soundstage, when I got more open, warmer IC's, they sounded more open and warmer. When I hook them up with speaker cables with crappy symbalance they produce crappy symbalance. Even the subtle improvements provided by AC cord upgrades are readily heard. As far as interpreting the sound from the equipment between them, I'd say they're pretty sensitive, dare I say transparent.

On the cautionary side, I'd say they may exaggerate forward, analytical sounding equipment. (I upgraded my Rotel 1060 integrated a couple months after buying these for this reason) Also, at 15x17x8, my room is about as small as I would recommend putting them in-I have some treatments behind them. Occasionally -and I want to stress occasionally- they seem to swell the frequencies produced by the upper-middle register of some piano recordings. This could be partly my room however as I experienced the same with my old AR floor standers.

They seem to work well for my jazz/neo-folk/chamber music diet and when I rock, they're good sports about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PDN
    Wow, do you see the drivers actually moving back and forth with that much power? How loud do you listen in dB's?
    I don't have an SPL meter, so i don't know how many db's I subject my ears to. I listen mostly to acoustic jazz (Monk, Coltrane et al) and set the volume something short of the actual volume a drum kit or sax would produce in my living room. Depending on the recording, this is achieved with the volume knob of my 200wpc amp between 8 and 9 0'clock (but sometimes 10).

And yes, you can see the woofers pushing air.
    Last edited by Brett A; 03-13-2008 at 03:03 AM.
    Amp Shanling A3000-> speakers Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand CD Rotel RCD 991 AE TT: Well Tempered Record Player-> AT OC9MLII -> Jolida JD9. cables from AQ, Siltech, Bogdan, Signal DH Labs, etc...
    Some pictures of it all

Thread Information