Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Call me a purist or a Luddite, but I still think ultimate purity is achieved by applying the CD directly to the ear.

Volume's a problem.....
    Volume's not a problem if you spin it fast enough. And, use a specially trained shark to read the discs...all told, after capture, transport, housing and chum I saved about $3k.

O' course most municipalities make you post signage when such a creature is on the premises...

Suspended
    That's some funny sh!t sticks!

How much does the signage permit cost? Is it a state by state thing?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Volume's not a problem if you spin it fast enough. And, use a specially trained shark to read the discs...all told, after capture, transport, housing and chum I saved about $3k.

O' course most municipalities make you post signage when such a creature is on the premises...

My wife (Shewhomustbeobeyed or Shewhomustbespayed) is having a fit over the chum bucket in the living room. Says she can't have company over, etc.

Not a bad idea come to think of it.

We're gonna need a bigger fishtank, Quint....
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I've solved the unsightly chum bucket problem---and for what it's worth I concur with your wife's aesthetic concerns---by designing a custom-job micro ottoman/fish container for the living quarters. Complete with the audiophile requisite cryogenically treated, copper lining and chum buffer the ottoman even has a six inch lcd screen to spotlight the shark's movements and tracklisting. More importantly it's comfortable as hell when the time for propping one's feet up and listening occurs.

Of course, that's where the budget went off the rails. The thing costs $24,000.

Too much bread for my budget, man.....I'll go for the Radio Shack Guppy 2000. Not quite as appealing, aesthetically speaking, but you can't beat the resolution.

Now, where's that darn grounding jack.....

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Tried it with my Jellyfish but they kept sinking to the bottom and the laser just sat there pointing up at the ceiling.

Those things just have an attitude problem and would rather just float around the tank stinging the cat when it reaches in the tank instead of earning their keep....frickin Cnidaria

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    Tried it with my Jellyfish but they kept sinking to the bottom and the laser just sat there pointing up at the ceiling.

Those things just have an attitude problem and would rather just float around the tank stinging the cat when it reaches in the tank instead of earning their keep....frickin Cnidaria
    If they keep sinking, I would call that an aLtitude problem....

Try Physalia physalis....

Oh, and watch the cat!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information