Suspended

Using all Anticable now

I had been using Siltech MXT Pro series New Yorker in my 2-channel system, these are very good cables and a couple of other members hear have used them as well. I was trying an amp that was sensitive to the Siltech being only grounded on one end which led me to try my first Anticable Reference IC, it cured the ground issue and sounded great so I didn't think much about it, fast forward, I begin to use the Pass Labs and wondered how the Siltech would work back between amp and preamp, in comparison to the AC the Siltech magnified the sounds and lacked clarity, I also compared the AC to the new Clarus Aqua which I didn't like as much as the Siltech. In short, I unknowingly grew to recognize the Anticable provided a clarity I'm not sure any other cable is able to match, if so, it is one way beyond my price range. With my ears now opened I replaced all IC's and speaker connects with Anticable Reference. The Reference wasn't shown on the old website but they were working to get a new site up to show all of Paul's products. The Anticables allows the sound to be as pristine as your electronics can do. The Anticable offers a price to performance ratio better than any cable I have tried so far. Speltz's theory is one of the reasons cables sound different is due to the dielectric used around the wire. I feel I have proven his theory to be correct to myself because after becoming accustom to the clarity of the Anticable all the others I tried in it's place seemed to be hazey or a dulling effect in comparison.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    You are right Mr. P the AntiCables are very good. Is this your first time using solid core cables?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Yes, Anticable are the first total solid core now that I think of it. It really makes for an interesting speaker cable being as stiff as it is.

Years ago I read a Stereophile review of speakers cables and one of the winners was an early Tara Labs cable. It was solid core and they also suggested Radio Shack solid core hook-up wire. That cable review created my interest in solid core cables. After many years of stranded cables I went solid.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    Did the Tara have a jacket? Anticable's hook is the dielectric used to insulate other cables is one of the big reasons cables do sound different, so that's why they use the minimal thin red coating as to keep the wire sound as pure as possible. It would be interesting to try another solid core to see if similarities are heard.

If memory serves they had a light plastic cover and were twisted together and terminated with spades. Of course now Tara's cables are very complicated and expensive. Their best cables have wires kept in a vacuum for no dielectric effects.

Another benefit of minimal dielectric is, in my thinking, the cable will not change over time. Audioquest developed their battery system to reduce the dielectric effect. As you and I know the least dielectric is the best.

Stranded cables always had a fuzz or blur to the sound for me. I do not know why I am sensitive to this but I have always been dissatisfied with stranded cables. I have tried two different models of Kimber Kables and neither were used long term.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Thread Information