Charm Thai™

PS Audio Power Cables

I have several PS Audio Power Cables and none of the IEC plugs fit snugly into any of my gear...i mean any of it!!!! The cheap cables that comes with the component fits 100x better than the PS Audio. Has anyone else had the same experience?

They look great but if they don't fit who gives a ****?

Forum Regular
    Same here, before i thought about it to much i use to wrap a little electrical tape until it fit just right. But took it off because the thought of it was killing me!

Suspended
    Glad you posted. I haven't used the power cords and now probably won't. I've had good luck with my Transparent. I also have a MIT Z-Cord power cable that is good. When you consider how much gear is on a rack or up from the ground you'd think a tight connection would be a given.

Charm Thai™
    Quote Originally Posted by audio101
    Same here with the tape, before i thought about it to much i use to wrap a little electrical tape until it fit just right. But took it off because the thought of it was killing me!
    LOL, i did the same thing but that is that is just absurd. I mean what the hell is Paul Gowen thinking?!!? What equipment is he testing his cables on?

Forum Regular
    Dont get me wrong there not that loose depends on the gear most no prob espesicaly at the wall there is no competition. If your thinking of trying some new power cords, put the Ps audio AC 10 or Ac 12 on your short list great out the box and just keeps getting better easiest breakin ever, the Ac 10 I just purchased has about 106 hrs of play time and 194 of idle time and has got to be the most balanced cable ive heard in my system improves on every part of the music! I plan to move it from my amp to my Quintet and place an Ac-12 on my Halo a21.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shodulik
    LOL, i did the same thing but that is that is just absurd. I mean what the hell is Paul Gowen thinking?!!? What equipment is he testing his cables on?
    Have you tried any of the new AC series?

Charm Thai™
    Nope just the xStream series.

Forum Regular
    I'm slowly phasing in the new cables but in the end my Statment Sc and older Plus will still be around the Ac-10 and Ac-12 are game changers though.

loose?

The AC3 & AC5 I have in for review fit snug in the wall plug, the Quintet, the back of the JRDG 102S, fine in the King Rex HQ1 and fine in the back of the Trends Audio PSU.

What gear are you plugging into?

Forum Regular
    Mainly my Denon 5900 universal player and my Halo a21 could be better sags a little on my Quintet as well have'nt tried the Ac-10 on the Quintet yet but when I tried an Ac-3 it was good, but for now i'm using a statement Sc on the Quintet. Maybe its a weight issue.

Suspended
    How do you all like the Quintet? I've had one for nearly three years and was impressed with what it done for me. I had a outlet go out before the warranty was out. When I took it out of my system to ship it off I could tell a difference, even in picture quality. I could see and hear the improvement when I got it back too. I was glad it was back home. A lot of how much something like this helps though depends on many power factors in and around your home.

Forum Regular
    I love it ! its on a 12awg 20 amp line with a Power Port Premier fed by a Statement Sc, for my 2 channel amp i use a Soloist Premier on its own 10 awg 20 amp line, with an Ac-10 on the amp. now you would think conditioners with amps is a no no I use to feel the same until the Soloist, in fact precieved sound from the amp sounds louder do to the lower noise floor, sound from the collective effect music emerges from utter blackness.

Suspended
    That's what got me to try the Quintet was the claim "no current limitation for large amps".

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    That's what got me to try the Quintet was the claim "no current limitation for large amps".
    Same for the Soloist Premier, my next step will be to place a Soloist Premier before my Quintet I've heard else where this is a one two punch.

Thread Information