Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: optical cable

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_the_dude
    Tell you what- one of two things is happening, either you are trying to attack the wrong person (I will be glad to give the shops phone number to you and take it up with them).
    No, the salesman is not the one who said it here. You were.

Or- you should live by your motto- I think this is one of the times you got it wrong. You obviously do not see that I was making conversation- this is a discussion board. You are not the teacher and everyone else is students.
    Perhaps I'm ot a teacher but we all learn from each other here. Well, most of us, anyway.

Therefore, not all has to necessarily be fact when spoken.
    Oh? Well, then don't be surprised when someone confronts you with real facts then. At least own up to it and dnn't try to blame someone else for your statements.

If that was the case- everyone should stamp their credentials when leaving posts to build up their credibility. But, what do I know- I am just guy with 2 credits left towards a masters degree. Maybe I need to refine my communication skills........
    Communication skills? Yeah, you might want to listen and learn before spouting off. While you're at it being able to discern heresay from facts might be a good idea. At least before passing it on as fact.

No, we don't have to post our credentials here but after a while people know who posts "good stuff" and who post heresay. Differing opinions based on first hand experiences are one thing but to pass on "I heard blablabla" and try to make it stick is something else.

...You mean they let you submit unsubstantiated information as facts in college? Who's trying to fall back on their credential here? Lord help us all if you are representative of the next wave of leaders in this world. Just shows to go ya that graduating college is not necessiarially a guarantee of being intelligent. I am not impressed.

You might want to read other posts a little before chiming in. You just might learn something. .. but. somehow I doubt it...

Forum Regular

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    No, the salesman is not the one who said it here. You were.

Perhaps I'm ot a teacher but we all learn from each other here. Well, most of us, anyway.

Oh? Well, then don't be surprised when someone confronts you with real facts then. At least own up to it and dnn't try to blame someone else for your statements.

Communication skills? Yeah, you might want to listen and learn before spouting off. While you're at it being able to discern heresay from facts might be a good idea. At least before passing it on as fact.

No, we don't have to post our credentials here but after a while people know who posts "good stuff" and who post heresay. Differing opinions based on first hand experiences are one thing but to pass on "I heard blablabla" and try to make it stick is something else.

...You mean they let you submit unsubstantiated information as facts in college? Who's trying to fall back on their credential here? Lord help us all if you are representative of the next wave of leaders in this world. Just shows to go ya that graduating college is not necessiarially a guarantee of being intelligent. I am not impressed.

You might want to read other posts a little before chiming in. You just might learn something. .. but. somehow I doubt it...
    Tell you what- I will just agree with what you siad on this one- since you know everything about the topic. I wonder how come people just do not email you direct for now on instead of posting discussions. Like I said before and I end at this- I quoted a salesman and stated that I did in my post. Take it or leave it and quit bashing me for this. I further stated that I never "tested his cleaim" by swapping cables. Maybe you could have added a post and said- Jamie, the sales guy is false. I tested his claim myself and found....XYZ. Why you attack me on the issue is beyond me. This has twisted the entire thing and we are now attacking one another personally. SO- I am throwing in the towel. Hope this is what you want out of this.

Tell you what- I will just agree with what you siad on this one- since you know everything about the topic.
    No, I don't know everything about everything but, since playing with stereos from the early 60's, both as a hobbyist and a one time professional, I do know quite a bit about quite a lot and am willing to share.

I wonder how come people just do not email you direct for now on instead of posting discussions.
    Some do email me. It's easy to communicate "off line" at this site. Generally a nice discussion ensues and we both benefit from the shared knowledge.

Like I said before and I end at this- I quoted a salesman and stated that I did in my post. Take it or leave it and quit bashing me for this. I further stated that I never "tested his cleaim" by swapping cables. Maybe you could have added a post and said- Jamie, the sales guy is false. I tested his claim myself and found....XYZ. Why you attack me on the issue is beyond me. This has twisted the entire thing and we are now attacking one another personally. SO- I am throwing in the towel. Hope this is what you want out of this.
    Well, you were quite adamant about the veracity of what you posted. It was put forth several times, in about the same manner as your postulation was presented, that there was a flaw in your thinking. You persisted in trying to justify making the statement rather than question your stance.

In any case, you're quite right. Too much time expended on this subject. Have a nice life...
    Last edited by markw; 03-06-2004 at 02:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information