cam

Motorola 6200 with component cables provided

Yes, I'm finally watching some hi-def material. My box came with some component cables which look rather bare bones. Can I yield any improvement over these component cables provided with some higher end cables. And no I'm not talking about Monster cables. I just want to make sure that these rather cheap looking cables actually have the bandwidth available for all 1080i?720p has to offer. I'm sure they do, but I just had to ask in case somebody has already upgraded and noticed an improvement.

I'm a bit of a videophile (bought a $150 HDMI Monster Cable for my upconverting DVD player, the girlfriend thinks I'm nuts) and have been perfectly satisfied with the component cables Comcast provided with my Moto 6200. Comcast provides really great cables, I dunno who they get them from though, they don't look like any branded cables I know of.

Are yours also from Comcast? Also, I'm not sure if they use the same cables in all markets, although it seems they'd use the same quality cables everywhere.

cam
    Quote Originally Posted by Koggit
    I'm a bit of a videophile (bought a $150 HDMI Monster Cable for my upconverting DVD player, the girlfriend thinks I'm nuts) and have been perfectly satisfied with the component cables Comcast provided with my Moto 6200. Comcast provides really great cables, I dunno who they get them from though, they don't look like any branded cables I know of.

Are yours also from Comcast? Also, I'm not sure if they use the same cables in all markets, although it seems they'd use the same quality cables everywhere.
    I got my 6200 through my local cable company, Shaw. I have a really good higher end component cable for my DVD player but it is too short for my to fart around and try it with my hi-def box. My tv is 170 pounds flanked my two audio towers full of stuff.

Forum Regular
    I used to have Shaw HD box and did the switching test from the component they provided to the ultralink component wires that shaw gave me and they were very very close.. My ultalinks just gave a touch better picture in sharpness alone. Lemme know how it goes with your box.. What I found was teh HD channels look great with the HD box HOWEVER the SD shows especially the analog ones were horrible so I had to use both the old digital box for every channel that wasnt HD and then the HD box for HD channels only.

Thread Information