Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smile Cold man... cold..

Quote Originally Posted by skeptic
    "one microsecond for 15 meters. I don't think audio cares..."

What do you mean audio doesn't care? John Curl cares. He can measure and hear the difference between -120 and -135 db of harmonic distortion of the seventh harmonic of 5 khz. Jon Risch cares. He hears digitial jitter less than that. Especially when he forgets to drink decaf and has a cup of regular java instead.

What kind of audiophile are you if you can't hear a difference of one microsecond? Mtrycrafts is in the back room right now setting up a DBT just to see how good you really are.
    Man you are just too too cruel. This had me laughin my head off... thanks...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jneutron
    I'm not concerned about the levels, but the repeatablility..
    Cheers, john

And, since he uses the same setup but changes cables and repeats the same cables, why would it not repeat. He didn't eliminate any of th epossible source of his trouble as he is too bull headed to think he made a mistake.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    And, since he uses the same setup but changes cables and repeats the same cables, why would it not repeat. He didn't eliminate any of th epossible source of his trouble as he is too bull headed to think he made a mistake.
    If it were solely the 1700, one would expect the same spectra within each cable. Since he found that it tracked the cables, he assumed it was just the cables...I do not..I assume that an interaction between cable and 1700 caused the repeatability.

I agree he did not isolate the cause..

Bull headed? perhaps...but, he was bull headed enough to stand his ground when others said it was bogus...he was bull headed enough to use a methodology to determine that the effect was indeed VERY correlatable to cable, and (presumeably) not the 1700.

His only error (methodological) was that he assumed there was no cable-1700 interaction that could be responsible for the spectra differences..

One error...big deal...I can do that in five minutes...

Cheers, John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information