Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,109

    Interconnect Cables From Emotiva

    Emotiva just released two series of quality interconnects at factory direct to user prices. Gorgeous looking cables and very high quality construction. I am ordering some to test out. Here are the details for your information.

    http://emotiva.com/xcables.shtm

    Products inlcude:

    XLR Balanced cables
    RCA cables
    Digital/Coax cables
    Speaker cables
    Component cables
    Optical cables
    HDMI cables
    Power cables

  2. #2
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,396
    These look awesome. Which will you be ordering? I just bought an armful of Acoustic Research, I know, no Emotiva.

  3. #3
    Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,109
    I will probably get what I currently need and that includes some HDMI, RCA and XLR cables, all in the X-Series. Existing customers get 25% off thru the end of October. They appear to be top class quality construction. Some already are talking about improved sound but the sceptic in me will wait to see on that part until I have time to do an A/B test.

  4. #4
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    I will probably get what I currently need and that includes some HDMI, RCA and XLR cables, all in the X-Series. Existing customers get 25% off thru the end of October. They appear to be top class quality construction. Some already are talking about improved sound but the sceptic in me will wait to see on that part until I have time to do an A/B test.
    For sure, as I'm sure you know, after spending a big chunk of change, most people don't like to admit that there's no improvement. I've been there, almost a state of denial. Best to check em out yourself, post your thoughts here. Connections is something I've been very naughty about until very recently. Never heard any Emotiva connects but again they look amazing.

  5. #5
    Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,109
    Emotiva is a young company and cables are new for them. I have a few expensive cables, but most are from AR and Monprice. However, as I near retirement, I am finishing my upgrade which should hold me for a long time. I am now waiting for the new top of the line Emo pre/pro to be out about the first of the year. When that arrives I'll finish setting my system up all neat and wired. I want interconnects that will last for years with no bad connections, etc. The X-series looks like outstanding quality from the feedback on them. They also look super.

    Once I get all my new gear in place (in the last year I have bought new amp, pre/pro soon, speakers and stands, Blu-Ray/SACD/DVD Audio Player, CD player and plasma display) and hooked it up, the only upgrade should be to a new pre/pro in 5 years or when the time comes. When you buy a pre/pro from Emotiva they sell you the next series upgrade model for 40% off, a great deal. In retirement I want to sit back relax and watch movies and listen to music when I'm home and not ever have to go behind my component rack for a long time! The new interconnects should help.

  6. #6
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Emotiva is a young company and cables are new for them. I have a few expensive cables, but most are from AR and Monprice. However, as I near retirement, I am finishing my upgrade which should hold me for a long time. I am now waiting for the new top of the line Emo pre/pro to be out about the first of the year. When that arrives I'll finish setting my system up all neat and wired. I want interconnects that will last for years with no bad connections, etc. The X-series looks like outstanding quality from the feedback on them. They also look super.

    Once I get all my new gear in place (in the last year I have bought new amp, pre/pro soon, speakers and stands, Blu-Ray/SACD/DVD Audio Player, CD player and plasma display) and hooked it up, the only upgrade should be to a new pre/pro in 5 years or when the time comes. When you buy a pre/pro from Emotiva they sell you the next series upgrade model for 40% off, a great deal. In retirement I want to sit back relax and watch movies and listen to music when I'm home and not ever have to go behind my component rack for a long time! The new interconnects should help.
    Wow. Well, let me say just how great that sounds! There's nothing I repect more than a man who knows where he's going.

    I didn't know Emotiva had such an offer. So smart really, especially in these rough times where even people with cash are shy to spend. I would offer a word of advice and say that maintenance for the jacks of your connects should keep them going infinitely. I'm sure you already know this though.

    Maintenance will provide a fantastic hobby as well for your leisure time. My dad spent most of his time with small engines and vintage audio gear. He certainly was never bored.

    Hope to chat again soon Runner...

  7. #7
    Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,109
    Good chatting with you too, Sensei Chadsan. I have a 75 lb Emotiva power amp on the bottom shelf of my component rack plus a 50 lb component on a higher shelf. Even though I installed casters, it is still a bear to move and I have to pull it out from its space in the corner to access the back of the components. So once I get all the new components in place and new cables routed neatly I won't relish moving it unless I absolutely have to.

  8. #8
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Good chatting with you too, Sensei Chadsan. I have a 75 lb Emotiva power amp on the bottom shelf of my component rack plus a 50 lb component on a higher shelf. Even though I installed casters, it is still a bear to move and I have to pull it out from its space in the corner to access the back of the components. So once I get all the new components in place and new cables routed neatly I won't relish moving it unless I absolutely have to.

    Well, it certainly won't be top heavy, will it! 75! Oh man, I feel it comin.....headbang!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    Forum Regular harley .guy07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Springfield, Mo
    Posts
    1,451
    Very good looking cables. if they deliver the goods in sound like they do look They might be the next big thing in affordable high end cables. Looking forward to hearing some reviews on the forum on these.

    yamaha htr5560 receiver (HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Dynaudio audience 60 mains
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center



  10. #10
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    7,697
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Emotiva just released two series of quality interconnects at factory direct to user prices. Gorgeous looking cables and very high quality construction. I am ordering some to test out. Here are the details for your information.

    http://emotiva.com/xcables.shtm

    Products inlcude:

    XLR Balanced cables
    RCA cables
    Digital/Coax cables
    Speaker cables
    Component cables
    Optical cables
    HDMI cables
    Power cables
    They look good. They are compeditive in price with Blue Jeans Cable which are a good deal. Emotiva mentions soldered connection of wire to plugs in some cases; I think Blues Jeans use high-compression, non-soldered joins at least for RCA connectors.

  11. #11
    Forum Regular blackraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,685
    I would like to see some specs on the IC's. They are priced cheaper than BJ's. The speaker wire looks like a fair deal for terminated 10g wire but I would rather buy BJ's and terminate them myself and save the money. BJ 10g is about 0.96/ft. Although the BJ's speaker wire and IC's are nothing special to look at.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp, Pass X-1 Preamp
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Van Alstine Ultra Hybrid Tube Preamp and Ultra Hybrid Tube DAC
    Martin Logan Original Dynamo Sub
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

  12. #12
    Music Lover
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    66
    I'm curious what kind of power cables Emotiva ships with their amps. The X series or some basic power cable. Anyone know?

    Rudy

  13. #13
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,132
    So RR have you got the cable yet??? IF so what do you think?

  14. #14
    Linear Guy
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SW Pa.
    Posts
    310

    great thing

    Just a comment that its great to see quality construction and fair pricing on interconnects. Sensibility has returned, in part. I await the reviews since I need a pair.

  15. #15
    Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    So RR have you got the cable yet??? IF so what do you think?
    Frenchmon, let me say first that I ordered a few initial IC's to check out the construction and appearance. My entire system is in a state of flux. I'm waiting for the availability of the Emotiva top of the line pre/pro, XMC-1, $999. The UMC-1, $699, was just announced today as being in official production. So it is going to be several months before I'm able to do much actual testing when I get the XMC-1 installed. I'm just in the process of retiring and recovering from more surgery. Needless to say, in the next few months I'll have much more time to spend on my HT/MC music system.

    I have receivied my original order and will put in an addtional order before the end of the month for what I need including RCA's (25% off for established customers). I got a 1 m HDMI, 1 m Component, 1 m Toslink and two .5 m XLR, all in the top of the line X-Series. The cost was $105 shipped free. I have decided to use RCA and return the XLR due to a general change in strategy. The XLR cables are simply beautiful in appearance. I need the component/toslink for my DVD-R. Packaging is excellent as always with Emo. The general build quality, fit, finish and appearance is outstanding in my opinion. I might have to get used to the flat style HDMI cable. The outter nylon braided sleeve is very tough and looks like it would withstand a lot of abuse while still looking attractive. The cables are on the thick and stiff side, not surprising to me from the apparent construction quality.

    Sorry, I have had no time to check performance. I plan to do some A/B blind testing when I get time with the Emo RCA versus my Audioquest RCA on my ERC-1 CDP.

  16. #16
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Sorry, I have had no time to check performance. I plan to do some A/B blind testing when I get time with the Emo RCA versus my Audioquest RCA on my ERC-1 CDP.
    Now that sounds interesting, please share the results.

  17. #17
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,132
    Thanks RR. Take your time and get well. And please, do enjoy your retirement. I'll wait your review.

    frenchmon.

  18. #18
    nightflier
    Guest
    I haven't heard them, so I'm not going to comment on that. But on looks, they look suspiciously similar to a lot of other cables from China. They are perhaps not as cheap-looking as Dayton or Phoenix gold, but on looks, I'll take a pair of Kimber Kable's PBJs anyday.

  19. #19
    Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,109
    Sorry folks, but some continuing medical/surgery issues. I'm fine just lots of bed rest due to complications. My Emotiva cables are still sitting in their boxes.

    This new review doesn't have much meat in the how do they sound category but informative especially about build quality.

    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cable...av-cables.html

  20. #20
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Sorry folks, but some continuing medical/surgery issues. I'm fine just lots of bed rest due to complications. My Emotiva cables are still sitting in their boxes.

    This new review doesn't have much meat in the how do they sound category but informative especially about build quality.

    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cable...av-cables.html
    Take it easy bro...

  21. #21
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    844
    Anyone buy from Knuconcept cables? I've had an interesting experience with them. After reading of their clearance sale in this forum, I went to the site and purchased 4 sets of 1M interconnects, a set of 5M interconnects and a 'Y' cable I wanted to use for bi-amped dual subwoofers.

    I received the cables in about three days. When I opened the box, I noticed they short-shipped the 1M interconnects and sent one pair instead of four. The invoice had toner smear along the left-hand side, so I couldn't tell if they had been back-ordered. I immediately sent email via the contact page on their website. I didn't hear anything in two days so called their non-toll-free number and spoke with a sales person. The rep said they were out of the clearance interconnects, but were going to send me three others which were upgrades. I said no problem.

    I then attempted to replace my current 'Y' cable and interconnect on my biamped subs with the Knuconcept cables. Their cables immediately shutdown my amp. I got out my multimeter and determined the whited-tagged interconnect was wired wrong on one end. The signal wire on one end went to the ground on the other end and vice versa.

    With the short shipment and now the bad cable, I'm not feeling "warm and fuzzy" about Knuconcept cables. I believe if I hadn't called them they wouldn't have proactively sent the remaining 1M cables and I still haven't heard back about the 5M interconnect which is wired wrong. I understand they're clearance items, but they should still be safe to use without shutting down my amp.

    I checked and installed the remaining 1M interconnects between my receiver's pre-outs and Emotiva XPA-5 5ch amp. I watched/listened to "District 9" Blu-ray through them, but will wait until they've had a proper break-in before posting an evaluation.

  22. #22
    frenchmon frenchmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Charles Mo
    Posts
    3,132
    WOW! I guess they where on clearance for reason....sorry about your business deal bfalls. First time i've ever heard of cables shutting down some body's rig. Any chance on getting your loot back? Which cables did you get from them?

    frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MF XRAY v8 /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/ Creek OBH MK 2/Canton Vento 830.2

  23. #23
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Analog Synagogue
    Posts
    4,396
    Quote Originally Posted by bfalls
    Their cables immediately shutdown my amp. I got out my multimeter and determined the whited-tagged interconnect was wired wrong on one end. The signal wire on one end went to the ground on the other end and vice versa.

    .
    What a nightmare!!! Clearance does not mean unusable garbage. I wouldn't take this on the chin. You should call them up and make every demand possible. Good chance they brush you off, but then again, maybe not.

    You should certainly try, if for nothing else, to keep yourself from fashioning a 1M cable into a noose and checking out.

  24. #24
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    844
    Here's an update on my Knuconcepts closeout cable purchase. I feel it's necessary if you bash a vendor for bad practices, you should also praise them for good. Although their communication is bad (took two emails and three calls) they did come through with a replacement.

    The last time I called I was able to talk to some one who offered to replace the cable. They no longer had the cables, so gave me the option of either having it replaced by a shorter version of the same cable, or getting a refund. The original cable was 5m, they wanted to replace it with a 4m version.

    I felt it was best all around to take the shorter replacement. I also asked them what they'd like me to do with the defective cable. Since the extra length was overkill and I really only needed a 3m or 4m cable, the replacement was fine. Also, since they didn't respond to get the original cable back, I'll repair it myself to offset the difference in length. With a cost of only $5.49 for the cable, I didn't think they would want it back, nor would I have shipped it if I had to pay the shipping.

    I'm still in the process of evaluating the cables, up to now all has been fine. I'll update my review later. For now though, I can neither recommend the cables or the service. Although I did receive a replacement, having them short-ship me originally, getting a bad cable and then them having such bad communication, they will not be my first pick in the future. They would need to have another "blowout" before I would consider them.

  25. #25
    Administrator Site Administrator atomicAdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oaktown!
    Posts
    1,935
    anyone pick up a set of the emotiva RCA ICs yet? wonder how they compare to BJC or Monoprice?
    This is a test to edit sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest AudioReview Articles

Hot Deals

Latest News

AudioReview on Facebook