Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by realsound
    Oh, I see, I'm sorry.....I didn't know that Ohms law and AC and DC theory were the same thing. I better go back to school and brush up. I should also believe what YOU say is true because.......well, you said so. Forgive me. No, really. please.
    Ohms law simply defines the ratio of the current within a conductive material and the voltage at the end terminals..

More exactly, it is derived from the collision loss of an electron as it is accelerating in a uniform voltage gradient, it is the energy loss of the collision of an electron which has achieved a velocity v as a result of a constant acceleration within the field of the conductor. The kinetic energy lost in the collision is equal to 1/2 m v 2., this also shows the loss of energy as a result of the voltage, which is of course proportional to the voltage squared. The rate of collisions are of course, related to the mean free path within the lattice of the conductor, as well as to the current.

It would be plausible for you to go back to school to learn about skin theory...alas, you will find that you would be taught the incorrect theory of skinning as it relates to a wire.

You would be taught that the skin depth is defined by the impingement of a TEM wave normal to the conductive surface. You would be taught that the skin depth is related to 1/f. You would be taught that there can be several inversions in the voltage vector axial to the conductor.

All of that applies to a flat, planar surface, normal to the direction of propagation of the wave..that does not directly apply to the carrying of current within a wire.

You have been taught a simplification of the process. This simplification is given to undergraduates because they cannot understand nor correctly derive, the relevant bessels to develop the correct current density profile.

You do not have to believe what I say..if you wish, I can direct you to several sources that correctly discuss the skin effect, they also describe the limitations imposed by using the simplistic assumptions you have been taught in undergrad.

Or, take what I have written, and take them to any professor, any scientist, any physicist, ask them if what I say is correct.

They will. If any of them do not, have them contact me, and I will explain it to them..

You do not have to believe me..it is of no concern to me.. If, however, you wish to learn, I will be happy to explain.

Your condescending flair does not suit you well, as your understanding of skin effect is rather rudimentary..I cannot blame you the lack of knowledge, I blame the undergraduate programs for overly simplifying the issue. But perhaps you should check the attitude at the door?

Cheers, John

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

All talk and no play.

Quote Originally Posted by jneutron
    Ohms law simply defines the ratio of the current within a conductive material and the voltage at the end terminals..

More exactly, it is derived from the collision loss of an electron as it is accelerating in a uniform voltage gradient, it is the energy loss of the collision of an electron which has achieved a velocity v as a result of a constant acceleration within the field of the conductor. The kinetic energy lost in the collision is equal to 1/2 m v 2., this also shows the loss of energy as a result of the voltage, which is of course proportional to the voltage squared. The rate of collisions are of course, related to the mean free path within the lattice of the conductor, as well as to the current.

It would be plausible for you to go back to school to learn about skin theory...alas, you will find that you would be taught the incorrect theory of skinning as it relates to a wire.

You would be taught that the skin depth is defined by the impingement of a TEM wave normal to the conductive surface. You would be taught that the skin depth is related to 1/f. You would be taught that there can be several inversions in the voltage vector axial to the conductor.

All of that applies to a flat, planar surface, normal to the direction of propagation of the wave..that does not directly apply to the carrying of current within a wire.

You have been taught a simplification of the process. This simplification is given to undergraduates because they cannot understand nor correctly derive, the relevant bessels to develop the correct current density profile.

You do not have to believe what I say..if you wish, I can direct you to several sources that correctly discuss the skin effect, they also describe the limitations imposed by using the simplistic assumptions you have been taught in undergrad.

Or, take what I have written, and take them to any professor, any scientist, any physicist, ask them if what I say is correct.

They will. If any of them do not, have them contact me, and I will explain it to them..

You do not have to believe me..it is of no concern to me.. If, however, you wish to learn, I will be happy to explain.

Your condescending flair does not suit you well, as your understanding of skin effect is rather rudimentary..I cannot blame you the lack of knowledge, I blame the undergraduate programs for overly simplifying the issue. But perhaps you should check the attitude at the door?

Cheers, John
    I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate skin effect with one of those coin crusher machines. Perhaps even invite us over to play with your Tesla coil?

Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Forum Regular
    I can't believe I joined this stupid and useless forum full of people that are the same. These AV forums haven't changed one bit from 10 years ago. I'm not sure how many in this forum are the self worshiping people who haven't a clue what they're talking about, but I'm thinking its the majority judging by how fast people post replys. I feel sorry for the people who thought they could come to this forum with legitimate questions and have some jerkoff tell them how stupid they are for asking. I feel sorry for people who don't want to think about all the stuff audiophiles think about, they just want great sound, and a vast majority of you don't have the knowledge or consideration to give them even the basics. So they're thrown to the idiots at Best Buy and Circuit City to get their help. Really, it doesn't matter, because thats what most of all of you are equivalent to. I apologize to anyone who may be the real deal on this forum. I've had enough. Someone asks a question on this site, and it just starts a stupid argument every single time becuase you all have to be right in your not really sort of way. Never have I seen anyone agree with anyone on any of these forums. Most of you think the stuff you buy is what makes a good system. Most of you couldn't take good components and speakers and make them sound remotely good, as where good audiophiles can take what they have to work with and make it sound its best, maybe better than some of you who have the best stuff money can buy but still sounds like ass because you know nothing about placement or dampening. Enjoy comparing your speaker sizes to each other.......because its all you morons have. If any of you guys are that good....why buy someone else stuff? Go out and make your own stuff and see if the public wants to buy it since you're all engineers who only know what you've read in magazines. I eat, sleep, and breathe audio, but to see the community I have to share it with makes me wish I was deaf.
    Bose BLOWS!!!!

Aging Smartass
    I can't believe I joined this stupid and useless forum full of people that are the same. These AV forums haven't changed one bit from 10 years ago. I'm not sure how many in this forum are the self worshiping people who haven't a clue what they're talking about, but I'm thinking its the majority judging by how fast people post replys. I feel sorry for the people who thought they could come to this forum with legitimate questions and have some jerkoff tell them how stupid they are for asking. I feel sorry for people who don't want to think about all the stuff audiophiles think about, they just want great sound, and a vast majority of you don't have the knowledge or consideration to give them even the basics. So they're thrown to the idiots at Best Buy and Circuit City to get their help. Really, it doesn't matter, because thats what most of all of you are equivalent to. I apologize to anyone who may be the real deal on this forum. I've had enough. Someone asks a question on this site, and it just starts a stupid argument every single time becuase you all have to be right in your not really sort of way. Never have I seen anyone agree with anyone on any of these forums. Most of you think the stuff you buy is what makes a good system. Most of you couldn't take good components and speakers and make them sound remotely good, as where good audiophiles can take what they have to work with and make it sound its best, maybe better than some of you who have the best stuff money can buy but still sounds like ass because you know nothing about placement or dampening. Enjoy comparing your speaker sizes to each other.......because its all you morons have. If any of you guys are that good....why buy someone else stuff? Go out and make your own stuff and see if the public wants to buy it since you're all engineers who only know what you've read in magazines. I eat, sleep, and breathe audio, but to see the community I have to share it with makes me wish I was deaf.

Now, if you'd please say what you really feel....

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Wish granted

I can't believe I joined this stupid and useless forum full of people that are the same.
    I wrote you about using abusive language in the forums and you did not listen.
    Your first suspension lasts a day. Any repeat of this will see you banned permanently.

Enjoy reading the forums.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Hot d@mn...

Quote Originally Posted by jneutron
    Ohms...et cetera...door? Cheers, John
    ...you're good!!!

jimHJJ(...I like the way you handle yourself in a crowd...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information