Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Let's put the past to bed and just move on, shall we?

Deal? Perhaps we both could learn from these fiascos.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    I'll try to explain in as best I can, but if that's not good enough, well.
    I thank you for the effort..that is all I can ask.

Personally, I only respond in kind.
    I posted to you only because you continued to up the ante, so to speak, with personal insults. Had you simply responded in kind, I would have said nothing. As, I also am guilty of responding in kind (just ask JR and JC)

You call this an olive branch?
    No. I was referring to Phils post, where he said this: ""It's easy to get caught up in them. I'm about ready to step back and catch my breath. So I'll toss out an olive branch here. I'm prepared to ratchet down the heat. Since I just took one parting shot at you, I'll give you the last word and then lets see if we can possibly convince at least one or two people that we are actually adults.

Sorry, I don't like getting whipped with an olive branch. Why not ask me if I stopped beating my wife, yes or no?
    I make the assumption that your comment was meant for me in response to my post...you did not understand what I was referring to..no problem.

In fact, although they won't admit it, many of the views I express on them run quite parallel with others on this board whose views on cables I don't quite embrace. Imagine that.
    Now, on the other hand, I don't see Phil participating on any other forum except here.
    If you peruse prophead, you will find that PT has debated the "naysayer" side as much as he has the "yay" side here. And, many of his posts are intended to promote discussion, debate, as well as promoting self-assessment..I also find that some people clearly respond with the "party line" answers, without any semblence of thinking that maybe, they are missing something..

And, his participation here seems intended more to disrail any seemingly well intentioned disccussion. His pre-emptive strike against any anti biwire information gleaned here in his first paragraph his first post in the bi-wire thread should pretty much make that clear.
    I come away with a different opinion. He definitely intends to promote discussion, but I don't see him doing that at anyones expense.

Again, I'm sorry if you can't see what I'm saying, but I gotta be me.
    There is no reason to apologize for a difference of opinion. It'd be pretty damn boring if there were none.

I'm willing to live and let live, but this thread was, IMNSHO, started to simply start another debate about something I've never disputed. If it wasn't confrontational, then what is?
    Ummm..my take was the start of a dialogue..but Phil would know..

Cheers, John

PS...mark, you posted about ten seconds before I did..

Forum Regular
    Deal? Perhaps we both could learn from these fiascos.
    Amen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information