Thread: HDMI splitter

Forum Regular

Exclamation HDMI splitter

i have tried two different kinds of splitters and neither of them work. here is what i'm trying to do. hdmi cable split off my cable box. one side going to the tv and one side going to my denon reciever. the reason is so the i have watch tv with out turning on the surround sound and just use the tv volume. theses are the two that i tried.

HDMI SPLITTER CABLE ADAPTER FOR PC HDTV 1080P 2 PORT | eBay

and

HDMI amplifier splitter 1x2+ HDMI 3ft Cable 1080p | eBay

Forum Regular
    You may need a selector rather than a splitter. Splitters unlike selectors can have HDMI handshake issues.

For only $14.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 2X1 Manual HDMI Switch - Push Button Type | Non-powered HDMI Switches

Forum Regular
    Please note that the quality is better when you use no splitter.

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rightaway View Post
    i have tried two different kinds of splitters and neither of them work. here is what i'm trying to do. hdmi cable split off my cable box. one side going to the tv and one side going to my denon reciever. the reason is so the i have watch tv with out turning on the surround sound and just use the tv volume. theses are the two that i tried.
    I use this one and it works well, ViewHD 4 Port HDMI 1x4 3D Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P (One Input to Four Outputs)

Amazon.com: ViewHD 4 Port HDMI 1x4 3D Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P (One Input to Four Outputs): Electronics

Forum Regular

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenSurprenant View Post
    I use this one and it works well, ViewHD 4 Port HDMI 1x4 3D Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P (One Input to Four Outputs)

Amazon.com: ViewHD 4 Port HDMI 1x4 3D Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P (One Input to Four Outputs): Electronics
    how are you splitting them? from the cable box?

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rightaway View Post
    how are you splitting them? from the cable box?
    Yes... The input to the splitter is from the cable box. The output feeds a Receiver and other TV's in different rooms..

The receiver sends it's info to living room TV.

Thread Information