Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Resident Loser

Thread: Haven't been here in a while, so...

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Haven't been here in a while, so...

...any real proof about the efficacy of "wires"...I mean like double blinds etc. Again the usual parameters apply i.e. same length, gauge and all that...not try too stir the pot, but as I said, don't get around here much any more...just trying to learn...

JimHJJ(howdy to all the old crowd...Yep even T3...How's things out at Stonybrook?-you know who you are!!!)
    Feanor likes this.
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser View Post
    ...any real proof about the efficacy of "wires"...I mean like double blinds etc. Again the usual parameters apply i.e. same length, gauge and all that...not try too stir the pot, but as I said, don't get around here much any more...just trying to learn...

JimHJJ(howdy to all the old crowd...Yep even T3...How's things out at Stonybrook?-you know who you are!!!)
    Good to hear from you, RL. Love the quotes in your signature.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Hey RL. Welcome back!

So I take it...
    ...the answer is still a resounding, near-deafening NO! Oh well, I guess you have to believe in something...
    jimHJJ(...I believe I'll have another chocolate chip cookie...or perhaps a muffalatta sandwich...)

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

Suspended
    So I take it...
    ...the answer is still a resounding, near-deafening NO! Oh well, I guess you have to believe in something...
    jimHJJ(...I believe I'll have another chocolate chip cookie...or perhaps a muffalatta sandwich...)
    I guess there is about as much proof as there is in God. But that does not stop people from believing.

I do believe your old pal Mtrycraft posts over at Audioholics. He should be able to school ya

By the way, Nightflyer performs a flyover every couple years also. Nice to see some old timers pass thru once in a while.

Cheers!

Hey HyFi...
    Unfortunately I'm using a local library which precludes any sort of PM..FORBIDDEN...in no uncertain terms...I thought it was just me, since I am a dullard Luddite...well the jury is still out on that one...but give my best to our mutual friend...
    jimHJJ("...and muttered underneath his breath '...nothing is revealed'..." "The Ballad Of Frankie Lee And Judas Priest"- Bob Dylan...)

Suspended
    Bummer, if you can get to login on a real PC, get his email. Wish there was some other way. He will be here at my house for dinner tomorrow with his wife.

edit-How do you know which mutual friend if you could not read the PM? (MarkW)

Brian

How do you know which mutual friend if you could not read the PM?

Apparently I can read 'em...just cant post 'em...I was able to read your PM to me, the reverse is a no-go.

jimHJJ(...it's a funny old world,no?...)

Suspended
    How do you know which mutual friend if you could not read the PM?

Apparently I can read 'em...just cant post 'em...I was able to read your PM to me, the reverse is a no-go.

jimHJJ(...it's a funny old world,no?...)
    Ah, then you did get the email addy and can shoot Mark an email to hello.

Forum Regular

Who lives in stonybrook?jn

OK.OK..OK...I meant Brookhaven...The hadron collider comes to full power in 2015?

Another sign the end is near?

jimHJJ(...I knew it had something to do with water...give me some credit in my dotage...)

Forum Regular
    OK.OK..OK...I meant Brookhaven...The hadron collider comes to full power in 2015?
    They should. I assume they got all the solder joints correct this time. And, no seagulls dropping bread into a hv connection again.

Another sign the end is near?
    Nah. energy's about 10 orders of mag too low.

jimHJJ(...I knew it had something to do with water...give me some credit in my dotage...)
    Well, close enough.

jn

AR Newbie Registered Member
    "Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilsog vhv
    Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Testking phr certification requirements exam and high quality Testking ceh study guide and testkingmcdst demos. We provide updated questions with principiacollege pass guarantee along with www.hood.edu training.

Thread Information