Suspended

Component cable question

Hey, fellow 'philes!

Does anyone know what would be a good sounding and reasonably priced component video cable? I'm about to make the move from the family room into my son's recently vacated bedroom (a.k.a. Dad's Inner Sanctum) and I'm going to need a 25' component video cable in the new configuration. I would like to do better than Rat Shack or Frye's, but I don't want to spend a fortune, either. Or, am I just deluding myself into thinking that there's a difference at all?

Any and all suggestions and viewpoints would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51
    Or, am I just deluding myself into thinking that there's a difference at all?
    Of course there are differences.

Better video cables have more robust shielding, lower capacitance and good materials/connectors.

RS Gold are good cables so as AR (Bestbuy) cables. Or you can take a cheaper route by buying three (terminated) 25’ RG-59 coax cable from RadioShack, and use a Coax to RCA adapter (F-to-RCA....also from radioshack) at each end of cable (6 of them).

Or if you want the best, you can go to this site and they will make custom length cables (hand terminated) for you.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/component/index.htm

If you are looking for someplace cost-effective check out www.ramelectronics.net

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyY51
    Hey, fellow 'philes!

Does anyone know what would be a good sounding and reasonably priced component video cable? I'm about to make the move from the family room into my son's recently vacated bedroom (a.k.a. Dad's Inner Sanctum) and I'm going to need a 25' component video cable in the new configuration. I would like to do better than Rat Shack or Frye's, but I don't want to spend a fortune, either. Or, am I just deluding myself into thinking that there's a difference at all?

Any and all suggestions and viewpoints would be appreciated.
    25' component cable.I never heard of such a thing.Are you sure a manufacture makes such a thing?

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergymunster
    25' component cable.I never heard of such a thing.Are you sure a manufacture makes such a thing?
    Oh,I'm sorry.I own the Audioquest YIQ-X component cable and I'm quite satisfied.I looked it up, thet do make component cables that long.However, it is expensive.The AQ cable is just my opinion of course.

Suspended
    Thanks, guys!

I sure appreciate all your input. Due to the fact that I am planning The Big Move this weekend, I went ahead and bought the AR Pro II's at Best Buy. They ended up costing me less than what I would have paid at Parts Express (when you factor in shipping), and I'll have them in time for TBM. Exciting times at the Young household!

Once again, your knowledge and insight has steered me in the right direction. Kudos to you all!

Thread Information