Clearview Double Helix Digital Interconnect with PLUS upgrade

Digital Interconnects can ruin or transform the sound of any DAC. Our radically different cable design greatly reduces the main cause of digital harshness, jitter-standard hi-end digital cables increase jitter. At $43, our Ultrathins routinely outperform famous audiophile brand digital wires and optical cables costing $1000 and up. The Double Helix Digital version offers better-defined and sweeter treble, more warmth and about a half octave deeper bass than the Ultrathin.

Design and Performance:

• Ultra-low skin effect due to ultra-thin, single strand conductors.

• High purity copper, drawn and tempered to our specification.

• Absolute minimum dielectric (insulation) losses due to a loose-fitting, thin dielectric sleeve, composed of polymer compounds selected by ear.

• The Double Helix offers a proprietary double helix field-canceling configuration (with our unique grounding scheme) to minimize all signal interactions between the + and – signal conductors.

• The best-sounding RCA connectors available in high-end audio, significantly better sounding than Cardas or WBT and custom-produces to our specification.

• Four hours of our proprietary treatment to modify the crystallographic properties of the copper conductors.

• Chemical treatment of the dielectric sleeve to improve surface conductivity.

INSTALLATION TIPS FOR MAX PERFORMANCE

WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables.

• Install the interconnects with the double color band plugs toward the music source, provided the source component’s output is in correct absolute phase. If the source component puts out an inverted phase signal, then you need to reverse the interconnect. If not, you will suffer degraded sonic performance.

• Slightly unscrew (clockwise, seen from the rear) the RCA plug’s outer shell (while firmly gripping the base) to make plugging in easier. Then lock the plug by tightening the shell (counterclockwise) until the plug grips the jack firmly. You may have to turn the shell quite hard to lock, because we occasionally get some of our sleeve binding tape onto the shell threads.

• Keep the interconnects away from AC wires, and never running alongside the AC wires. If they need to cross AC wires, have them cross at right angles (approximately). Keep the interconnects away from any plastic; in particular, keep them at least 4 inches away from artificial fiber rugs and plastic wall moldings.

• A further small improvement can be made by “fluffing” the sleeves so they do not lay flat against the whole length of the wire inside the sleeve. You can do this by blowing into one of the RCA plugs. The sleeve will puff up, then partially collapse. The idea here is to keep as much air as possible between the sleeve and the signal wire inside it.

THE PLUS OPTION
    Another Step Up

All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:

• Decreases brightness and grain in high frequencies, reducing edginess in the upper treble without sacrificing detail; this is particularly noticeable with music coming from a digital source (i.e. CD players, computers, and iPods). The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is better articulated and less abrasive. PLUS is especially beneficial for digital interconnects sources, significantly reducing listening fatigue.

PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.

For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.

Clearview Double Helix Digital Interconnect with PLUS upgrade-Mapleshade

i would like to ask if anyone has used these cables ? and to ask if these would work for my TT ? because i don't see a ground wire on them

I have always been leary of just about anything that Mapleshade sells. I have bought some of their music and I was not impressed with the quality of the recordings. They certainly make a lot of great claims for their gear.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    No ground wire and not shielded so I would say no it would not be good for a turntables.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    No ground wire and not shielded so I would say no it would not be good for a turntables.
    Could i use a ground cable alone or by it's self ? i do not have a lot of money to spend but now that i just brought a new phono PreAmp by (Pro-Ject Box S ) @ $200 i would like to hook it up with some new cable maybe $30 to $50 dollars at most to see if the sound is better i have not hooked it up yet

Thanks

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I once again need clarity. Will these be used from your turntable and which one do you have? Or will they be used between your phono preamp and your amp? The signal from the turntable is fairly low but once the signal level is increased by the phono preamp shielding is not as important. I have a pair of non shielded DCM IC cables that when used from phono preamp to my int. amp picks up signals from the local radio transmitter. Of course it is always fun to hear opera with Big and Rich singing in the background.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I once again need clarity. Will these be used from your turntable and which one do you have? Or will they be used between your phono preamp and your amp? The signal from the turntable is fairly low but once the signal level is increased by the phono preamp shielding is not as important. I have a pair of non shielded DCM IC cables that when used from phono preamp to my int. amp picks up signals from the local radio transmitter. Of course it is always fun to hear opera with Big and Rich singing in the background.

i have a Pro-Ject Debut carbon with Ortofon 2M Red and also the
    Pro-Jet S phono PreAmp that i brought for $200.00
    My NAD PreAmp S100 also has a phono PreAmp build into it but after buying this new TT i also brought the Phono PreAmp that goes with it i am trying to do an A and B test to see if i hear anything different/better sound and when i brought the NAD S 100 there Phono PreAmp had to be instated at the dealer it's also was about $200.00 at the time 2005 and i had a different TT
    and if i do change the cable's i would like to change all the cable's
    going too and from the TT and the phono PreAmp to the NAD pre-amp using the AUX input the S Box from Pro-Ject makes sure they spell it out do not use your phono input of your PreAmp that would mean i would need two pairs of cables

Thread Information