Cardas Parsec XLR's

I received my Cardas Parsec XLR's today. They are replacing my BJC XLR's. I have about 30 minutes on them. Initial impressions are they are more detailed, with more air and transparency. Treble is more forward and the sound stage is wider. They sound brighter than the BJC's with a lighter midrange (they are not thin sounding but it just may be that there is more air and transparency). It is strange because the parsecs are supposed to be a warmer cable. I will give them about 50hrs of break in before deciding on whether to keep them.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Suspended
    Break in is a valid consideration. Also on sounding thin if the cable has more resolution it may appear thin at first due to loss of distortion, the type that when removed you get more focus.

Update on the cables. They are sounding better or it could be that I am getting use to them. There is definitely more air and detail but I think that the bass was a little deeper with the BJC's. The sound stage seems wider with the Parsec's. I also noticed that they sent me 2 cables marked left. The dealer said he would replace one with a right but I'll probably just keep it. I still feel the mid range was a little fuller with the BJC XLR's but I think that may be due to the fact that the Parsecs are more transparent.

They sure are made well. The cables are thick. The BJC XLR's are thin wires, much different than their IC's.
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Raven....be very mindful of audio. And I'm sure im not suggesting anything you don't already know, but just because a cable makes the bass more deeper and mid-range more fuller doesn't mean to much.

You want a sound that is more natural real like. Deeper bass and fuller mid-range doesn't always mean better/or natural. In all actuality, audio hobbyist look for the more natural presentation, with individual notes across the sound being more real and having more refined texture and realism to the notes more so than something just playing deep bass and so on. On would think the more expensive Cardas cable is not more refined, more of a real sounding, reference cable than the mid-fi BJC, if not, then the BJC is one hell of a cable or the Cardas is not all that its made out to me.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    Also worth repeating not all cables will have synergy with all gear, it may take sending back the Cardas and trying a different Brand. Same thing as buying another component you shouldn't have to wonder if it's better, after some break in it should be clear you enjoy it better or there are benefits. I have to admit though cables are tough, sometimes it's mere change oppose to an improvement.

Yes sir.....with cables it may not be about being better....it can be about just being different with trade offs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

I am going to give the cables about 50 hours of break in. I am not even close as I am a little burned out right now so I have not done much listening.
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Would someone play the same song over and over to test the cables ?

Bob, I play reference recordings of different genre's to listen for clarity, resolution, detail, bass, treble as well as sound stage and general tone, tone of male and female vocals etc. The Parsecs certainly sound different than the BJC's. They sound better but concede some attributes. Many times the differences are subtle but they are there. You need to have a system that can resolve the differences and nuances. My system is finally at that point.

The Parsecs will need some time to break in further from what little I read about them.
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Thanks for the reply and i can see with a system like you have must be great

Raven....here is a little encouragement.

Cable Asylum

Thanks Frenchmon, that is encouraging. I haven't really been giving much time to listening right now.
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

AR Newbie Registered Member

Parsec compared to Quadlink, its predecessor, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    Update on the cables. They are sounding better or it could be that I am getting use to them. There is definitely more air and detail but I think that the bass was a little deeper with the BJC's. The sound stage seems wider with the Parsec's. I also noticed that they sent me 2 cables marked left. The dealer said he would replace one with a right but I'll probably just keep it. I still feel the mid range was a little fuller with the BJC XLR's but I think that may be due to the fact that the Parsecs are more transparent.

They sure are made well. The cables are thick. The BJC XLR's are thin wires, much different than their IC's.
    Does anyone have any comments as to the 2 wires. The Parsec is supposed to be the successor/upgrade to the Quadlink 5C's.

Thanks.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlizsts View Post
    Does anyone have any comments as to the 2 wires. The Parsec is supposed to be the successor/upgrade to the Quadlink 5C's.

Thanks.
    Also, does anyone know where to get the wire for good price? Again, I need 1 meter RCA of the Parsec.

Thread Information