Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mr Peabody

Thread: can't believe not more response

AR Newbie Registered Member

can't believe not more response

Over at most all other audio sites this is one very hot topic w/ guys w/ large wallets who invest and believe that i/cs and speaker wire that cost hundreds a foot is the way to go. Not for me both because 1. I don't buy into it and 2. I certainly can't afford even if I wanted them. Yes I have tried on loaners some expensive OFC cables and I heard no diffence what so ever. To answer the initial question I have gone exclusively to BJC for both my i/c and spkr cables. For my Polks I use 10gu Belden and all other sets 12 gu Belden or generic clear.If you can afford it and it makes a difference to your system who am I to say don't do it, for me it's not worth even trying.BJC is an inexpensive way to get better quality cable at very reasonable prices...
    No affiliation just a customer.
    2-chl-Adcom gfa555 -NAD1020a pre- --JVC-QL200 tt- Grado FT+1 cart--'87Polk Audio SDA 2BS--DCM Time Frame 350s--ADC 303AX-ALL 2ways JBL-2060S-- Niles sp-6 selector--Samson 9 outlet surge protector
    Denon 1940ci cdp-BJC 1mt ICs--10gu spkr wire

H/T--Tosiba AU 40-Yamaha RX-V665-Yamaha YSD-11 Dock-I-Pod
    Tosiba BX-2200 b/r--Sony ce375 5disc carosel- Shure Pro 240 hp
    Klipsch # speaker set smalla w/ sub

bdrm--NIKKO 6065 receiver--Sony ns 300 cdp---JBL G-200

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Was there a point to your post?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Yeah...to stir the pot.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    Caused two responses. Better than I've seem for awhile. Posting issues have caused many to go else. Funny I never saw any issues with the advertisements.

Why bother to post. The OP made it clear he has made his mind up. It was nice that he didn't make disparaging remarks about those who believe in cable IC differences and have placed their money where their ears say.

I'm still getting an error message that says I don't have permission to post. When I do a refresh on that screen I get another message saying I'm attempting to double post. The posting does go through.

The editor for posting doesn't work correctly. It drops and skips letters.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    At one point he said he has tried OFC loaners and then he states "for him it is not worth trying". I listened to a pair of Maggies 20 years ago and it would make no more sense to discuss current production than for him to discuss cables. I am sure if he has been on other sites how quickly cable threads burst into flames.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    He obviously must see some benefit to better cables or why use BJC when you can use the cheezy free cables in the box and lamp cord. BJC holds it's own pretty well against some of the brand name entry level stuff, especially in the midrange.

OFC is oxygen free copper which is a better grade over typical copper wire. However, there is much more to a cable than whether it's OFC, so keep an open mind. Your system has to have the resolution to reveal the benefit of a better cable as well. Now there's even better copper than even OFC, in addition, to so many brands, so many designs and applications. The bottom line for any one is to listen to judge for yourself if anything is a benefit to your listening pleasure.
    blackraven and Glen B like this.

Thread Information