Thread: brands

AR Newbie Registered Member

Arrow brands

I was wondering if people had brand loyolity to different brands of cables for both interconexts and speaker cables. If you do please let me know why you chose that brand! I am trying to decide what i want to wire my neew system with so imput is wonderful!
    Thanks!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillskier
    I was wondering if people had brand loyolity to different brands of cables for both interconexts and speaker cables. If you do please let me know why you chose that brand! I am trying to decide what i want to wire my neew system with so imput is wonderful!
    Thanks!
    I have a loyalty to minimum costs.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    I find van den Hul are very good.

Forum Regular

My loyalty lies with Nordost.

Thanks!
    Why? Well, the difference that they brought to the sound of my system was just the shot in the arm that it needed. Now I use Blue Heaven interconnects and Super Flatline speaker cables. The sound of the Blue Heavens is inherently bright. In other words, they accented the treble region. My system's treble region was a little too soft and dull, so their added brightness was just the ticket. The Blue Heavens also added better better bass detail; while also lowering the backround noise found in many older recordings. I would not recommend them if you have an already bright sounding system, however.

The Super Flatline's are a nice and fairly neutral sounding cable. Their sound is on the warm side. They produce good accent in the bass region.

Another company whose cables I like is Kimber Kable. I really like the Hero interconnect - their warmer sounding than the Blue Heavens - for a brighter sounding system. Pair them with the 8 TC speaker cable, and I think you will be VERY happy.

Now, since I'm not sure of how much money you have allocated to cables, it is hard to recommend any cables completely
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    well i have the interconnects under control right now, so i am just looking at speaker cables. about 100' should do it for me, as it is a smaller room. and my bugetis about $300. let me know if you have any other ideas.

Talking Speaker Wire

well i have the interconnects under control right now, so i am just looking at speaker cables. about 100' should do it for me, as it is a smaller room. and my bugetis about $300. let me know if you have any other ideas.
    You can get 100 feet of 12-2 landscape wire for about 10% of that quoted amount.
    You can also get 500 feet of 14-2 in-wall cable for about $80, see below:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...prod_id=162793

100 feet seems like alot for a "small" room!

-Bruce

Forum Regular
    With your need of 100' of cable I would try Radio Shack. They sell decent cable by the spool.
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

Thread Information