Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    On the minimalist side of cables, I've also been intrigued with the claims made by Pierre Sprey over at Mapleshade (website is currently under construction), but I can't bring myself to pay $30-60 for something that really looks that cheap.
    You could always Steampunk them. Lots of jackets and heat shrinks on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    That said, I've been told by several people that it outperforms the PBJs by a considerable amount. The other thing I'm wondering about these is if I could simply build similar cables like that myself using good quality solder-less plugs. Anyhow, it may be worth a look-see-hear
    It amazes me that for something so simple to create, people aren't more willing to DIY cables. The cost of high end cables should be motivation alone.

My cries for solid core went unacknowledged here, as they have in several other threads. No matter, I will keep spreading the good word. IMO, solid core is the audio Caramilk secret.

I have made several pairs of cables for others, all with positive feedback.

I dont know if this discussion is about audio only cables from Bluejans or not. I recently setup my Sony G70 with some off the shelf 50ft HDMI cable from my BD80 to the HDFury into the G70 and got a lot of noise on the tubes, made movies unberable to watch. I then bought the 50ft HDMI reference cable from Bluejeans (Flagship one) and i dont need the signal repeater anymore. No noise on the tubes either, so i can only recommend the AV reference cable, but man...what a cable
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Frenchmon, does A+ give any reason why their cables need break in?
    MrPeabody....This is what Analysis Plus says in the white paper that comes with the cables.

Break-in. Analysis Plus cables normally perform good right out of box, and only improve with time. Most reviewers have been very consistent in stating that they feel the break-in time is about 300 hours. Of-course, systems vary, so in your case, more time may be neccessary, but rest assured, the result will be worth the wait.

When I first got my interconnect, I could hear the difference at once compared to my old cable. But I will tell you the sound stage was not until I got a little run in time on the cables and the higher detail got better.

frenchmon
    Last edited by frenchmon; 01-10-2010 at 01:26 PM.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    Are these DH Labs Air Matrix IC's or any of the others any good?

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....abs-Air-Matrix

or these Krell Cast cables

http://buy.audiogon.com/cgia/fsb.pl?...tr&1&ctg&st251

Acoustic Zen WOW-

http://www.upscaleaudio.com/Acoustic-Zen-WOW_p_307.html

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1267205984&/Acoustic-Zen-WOW!

When I was doing research on interconnect cables, I read very positive reviews about DH labs and Acoustic Zen cable. If I remember correctly, DH Labs makes cable for others who sell cables under a different name.

I found a few reviews where shoot-outs where done with Acoustic Zen and Analysis Plus. Both Cables are said to be very close in production of detail an warmth. I assume that's why they are compared so much. But most prefer the Acoustic Zen. Here's one review by 6.moons that has compared the two. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/analysis+/solo.html

frenchmon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    Florian, long time, I thought you faded into the sunset

Frenchie, I'm looking at the Acoustic Zen WOW cables not the silvers which are a step above.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Oh ...from what I've read the WOW are good cables as well. I've Never heard them. Hope you find a good cable. You really have nice gear, especially that Halo amp. A friend of mine has that same amp, I forget what pre he has but he also has a Vincent tubed CDP and Anthony Gallo speakers. He has XLO interconnect cables and Analysis Plus Oval 12 speaker cable. He said he was dumping the XLO interconnect cable. His system really sounds good with all that power from that amp. I'd love to hear your system with the Halo 21 and the VA Hybrid preamp. Good stuff.

frenchmon

They are good value for money. No fancy feature just down to earth pricing

Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    I just received my 2nd set of BJC's analog IC's. My first pair was used to replace the monster cable m950i's that I was using between my preamp and amp. This made a noticeable improvement in the high frequency's with more forward treble and increased resolution and detail. Overall it improved the sound.

I just placed the 2nd pair between my DAC and preamp replacing my monster m1000i's and the results were not so good. After about 2hours of listening the music appears more grainy and busy for lack of a better term. The m1000's gave a more liquid, warmer sound with better bass.

I'll give the BJC's another 20hrs of break in and see if the sound improves and post my impressions then. But I have a feeling that I will end up using the combo of the m1000's and BJC instead of 2 sets of the BJC's.
    When I was playing with my cables, I too noticed that there was a difference of results with cable types between my pre and power vs. my CD player and pre. I found the CD and Pre link to be much less sensitive to the monoprice cables. I guessed that the voltage was less in this link? Don't know, but I was thinking about doing the same thing at one time--using different cable for different links.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley
    I found the CD and Pre link to be much less sensitive to the monoprice cables. I guessed that the voltage was less in this link?
    Actually, the nominal output of CDPs and the required input sensitivity of power amps is both around 2 volts. It is more likely related to impedance with the CDP having a lower, more desirable value.

My GamuT CDP has a 4 volt / 75 ohm output which is more than sufficient to drive the amps directly - bypassing the need for a preamp.

rw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information