Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by musicoverall
    Sounds like he was more than just a newbie - he was someone with high expectations!
    My point was that experiences related between people over the Internet or elsewhere should really be tempered since you have no idea about the person you are reading about. People and their experiences are a huge variable with expectations, hearing abilities, writing skills, motive, imagination, drugs and alcohol, etc. all being mixed into the final report. We tend to give credence to experiences that are similar to our own and dismiss those that contradict. And even that in itself can cause someone to continuously follow the same path.

Quote Originally Posted by musicoverall
    At any rate, I remain open to the possibility that I could be imagining things. But if so, my imagination is a lot more vivid than it's ever been given credit for in the past!
    We all imagine things every day. And really this is just audio so we are all happy we can spend money and enjoy this hobby. If you are imagining you are being followed by aliens or that the bridge is only 5 feet high when it is actually 500 feet high then maybe you need a friend to intervene.

I guess I would sum up most of my skeptical posts in a manner that I am not trying to deny anyone their audio pleasure, but if you can gain real (i.e. objectively confirmable) improvements in sound then adding a little imagination will really boost the listening experience. For example, my advice would be that if you have a good system and some extra cash, then upgrade your room. You don't have to imagine as much to get a sound improvement because their would be some real improvement.
    Friends help friends move,
    Good friends help friends move bodies....

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Mike
    I read a thread on another audio board a while ago where are guy claimed he heard a pleasant improvement in sound when he biwired. He was obviously a newbie because in response to replies to his post he mentioned that he had not removed the jumpers on the terminals. Of course, when told he should remove them, he claimed the sound improved even more.

I can say in all honesty I have no scientific explanation for this.
    ........That's funny! Did he mention if it improved the smell of his system?.......Zapr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information