Forum Regular

Audioquest cables?

I am looking into getting the audioquest copperhead interconnect and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company or cable. I was also wondering if there are better options out there for the money, about $75 for a 1m run. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Icarian

I Like AudioQuest

Quote Originally Posted by icarian
    I am looking into getting the audioquest copperhead interconnect and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company or cable. I was also wondering if there are better options out there for the money, about $75 for a 1m run. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Icarian
    I use all AudioQuest cables in my system, both interconnects (DiamondBack) and speaker cables (Shotgunned Indigo). I am in fact purchasing a Jaguar DBS for my TT, along with a termination box. I find their cables to be very neutral at each price point and to provide good value for the money.

I am sure that others will disagree and many will say that cables don't matter. These are decisions you must make for yourself. Listen to the cables in your system and if you hear an improvement buy them.

Linn LP-12 (Origin Live Advanced PS w/DC Motor) Benz "ACE" medium output*TAD-150*Tube Audio Design TAD-1000 monoblocs*Parasound CD-P 1000*NAD 4020A Tuner*Velodyne F-1000 Subwoofer*Toshiba SD-4700 DVD*Motorola DTP-5100 HD converter*Pioneer PDP-4300*Martin-Logan Clarity*Audioquest cables and interconnects* Panamax 5100 power conditioner

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I've used Audioquest interconnects

Icarian
    Specifically the Coral. They worked fine until I got my Homegrown Audio Silver Lace. Audioquest is one of the bigger names in the industry, it would be hard to go wrong with any cable from them. I happen to like my pure (.9999) silver interconnects. Homegrown Audio also sells kits to make your own. If your handy you can save a few $$$ this way.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Forum Regular

AQ Diamonds

Icarian
    AQ cables are great, I have a 1m pair and a 1/2m pair of diamonds available as I have moved up to the King Cobras.....all are great I dont think anything can compete for the price of any of their cables.

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the responses, I am looking to get their copperhead or diamondback for the interconnects and the type 2 speaker cable. I am also looking at their power cables as well. Anyways thanks for the insight.
    Icarian

Thread Information