Thread: Audioquest...

AR Newbie Registered Member

Audioquest...

AQ Type 4 .vs. AQ Go-4 .vs. AQ Rocket 44.....

Any thoughts?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho.greengiento View Post
    AQ Type 4 .vs. AQ Go-4 .vs. AQ Rocket 44.....

Any thoughts?
    An important question is are they for single wire or internal bi-wire? If bi-wire the Rocket 44's if single wire the Rocket 33's. The 33's and 44's will give you more copper and so less resistance than the Type 4's.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    An important question is are they for single wire or internal bi-wire? If bi-wire the Rocket 44's if single wire the Rocket 33's. The 33's and 44's will give you more copper and so less resistance than the Type 4's.
    I'm using KEF LS50 speakers which aren't bi-wireable. I inquired to Audioquest who recommended the Rocket 88s, but the reason I was asking about the Go-4 or other series is because Audioquest kept asserting that the Rockets are ideally perfect for bi-wire, but totally find for full range.

It kept sounding like not perfect or ideal for full range. So wanted to be sure if waste of time or money since not bi-wiring.

In price range, I'd be at the Go-4 or Rocket 44 range.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    The Go-4 which is the Type 4 with their bias system is I think about a 17 gauge cable. The 33 is 14 and the 44 is 12 gauge. I have read reviews by fans of AQ cables but did not hear any benefit of the bias system. I would rather have a larger gauge cable for lower resistance than a bias system. I own both the Rocket 33's and 44's and I think you would like either one. The Rocket 44's I do think are a step up but my 44's are internally bi-wired and I bought the Rocket 33's for my Focal 806V's which are single wired like your KEF's.

I have not heard the LS50's yet but I would think the AQ's would work well. In my experience larger gauge cables with lower resistance produce the bass better and a little fuller. This may be a benefit with your KEF's. Good luck shopping.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information