Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

AQ cables on discount at MD

AQ is updating their cable lines again. I was able to purchase a one meter pair of Diamnondback XLR's for $99 from Music Direct. I look forward to hearing the Sony SACD player into the Krell in balanced mode.

Once again with stranded cables I reached a point of the Transparent cables becoming unlistenable. I am back to the Anticable speaker cables, Diamondback IC's and soon the Diamondback XLR's.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    AQ is updating their cable lines again. I was able to purchase a one meter pair of Diamnondback XLR's for $99 from Music Direct. I look forward to hearing the Sony SACD player into the Krell in balanced mode.

Once again with stranded cables I reached a point of the Transparent cables becoming unlistenable. I am back to the Anticable speaker cables, Diamondback IC's and soon the Diamondback XLR's.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I might go for a pair (if MusicDirect will ship to Canada at a reasonable shipping charge).

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I might go for a pair (if MusicDirect will ship to Canada at a reasonable shipping charge).
    I would be interested to hear your impressions of them. A friend of mine just gave me a pair of BJC's XLR's that he does not need any more, but I will eventually upgrade sometime after the holidays.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Turns out that MusicDirect explicitly will not sell those AQ Diamondbacks outside the USA.

Instead I bought a pair of these Take Five Audio Neotech NEI-3004 XLR's: see HERE. The are cryo-treated UPOCC copper.

I'm not necessarily expecting great things but I did want shorter cables and though they'd be worth a try vs. more from BJC.

Thread Information