Any experience with Nordost / SUPER FLATLINE MK II ?

Hello, does anyone have any experience with this speaker cable or maybe Nordost in general? Thanks
    Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Florian I have owned two pairs of Super Flatline and a friend is now using them in one of my hand me down systems. The Nodost in my system did not create the best synergy. I am not sure if you would call this a coloration or not but they seemed to somehow make music sound the same. Some defining information was lost that gave instruments their indidvidual sound. It was like the sound was smoothed over. Maybe it was a lack of information in the upper mids or treble range but there was just a sameness to music. I own the Goertz Alpha-Core MI1 speaker cables and find they are far superior. I also felt the Nordost Black Knight int. cable had that same ability to rob music of it's individualness.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Hey John!

Thanks a bunch for the info. Please send me your number again on PM, i have a few more questions on that.

Your Pal
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    I got kimber 8PR for L/R and 4PR for Center any comments?

Forum Regular
    florian and co.
    does anyone heard Aurix Viper speaker cable before. cos current i am using this speaker cable. not bad, good insulation.
    any comment out there?????

nightflier

No the best

Quote Originally Posted by nomar
    I got kimber 8PR for L/R and 4PR for Center any comments?
    Funny, I was just about to sell mine. I've been unhappily futsing with my 4PR for sometime now, thinking it was the components, but when I switched to a Belden-based custom cable, the sound was slightly better so that's what I'm using now. Don't get me wrong, the 4PR is a fine cable, but a lot has to do with how it fits with the rest of your system and your personal preference. Like most of us here, we stay with something until something better comes along. If you like the sound of yours, then that's all that matters.

Thread Information