Forum Regular

7.1 Analog cables

I recently bought a BluRay player that has 7.1 analog outputs. The plan is to connect the player with my older receiver for my existing 7.1 speaker set up. I was about to piece together all the cables to initiate my 7.1 hookup when I thought to ask the AR community whether there are any pre-packaged 7.1 cable suggestions. I know the world has gone HDMI for sound, but I'm not giving up my old receiver without a fight.

By the way, 7.1 analog should get me pretty close to the digital high def formats, right? Any opinions on that are welcome. Thanks!

Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezer88888
    I recently bought a BluRay player that has 7.1 analog outputs. The plan is to connect the player with my older receiver for my existing 7.1 speaker set up. I was about to piece together all the cables to initiate my 7.1 hookup when I thought to ask the AR community whether there are any pre-packaged 7.1 cable suggestions. I know the world has gone HDMI for sound, but I'm not giving up my old receiver without a fight.

By the way, 7.1 analog should get me pretty close to the digital high def formats, right? Any opinions on that are welcome. Thanks!
    Hello I use 7.1 analog for hi-rez play back and wont be going hdmi for a while ,the sound is sensational and gut wrenching at times , try to match the front three channels as best as you can from the same manafacture, I use a mix of AQ's King cobra and Diamond back just as an example, but do what your budget allows in the end .

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the advice on matching - I will be paying attention to that. I'm glad to hear that you've had "gut wrenching" results! As for the budget, I'll be using some old Monster RCA interconnects for the front 3 channels and cheapo RCA cables for the rest (you know, the cables that come with equipment but you kind of don't want to use, but keep them anyway? no booing please) since I already have them.

Thread Information