Thread: free software

free software

Are there any programs u can think of that would let me draw in the drivers and measurements etc... and print it out for reference when I'm building my boxes (free? I don't feel like drawing it out the old fashion way. I just had carpel tunnel surgery and am one finger typing and can't hold a pencil. Im bored!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Good question..I use excel...not an exact CAD program, but close enough for me. I just make the cell sizes perfect squares (equal length/width) and go from there...
    There must be something better out there though?

Visio

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmm
    Are there any programs u can think of that would let me draw in the drivers and measurements etc... and print it out for reference when I'm building my boxes (free? I don't feel like drawing it out the old fashion way. I just had carpel tunnel surgery and am one finger typing and can't hold a pencil. Im bored!
    I have an old version of Visio. It's not exactly a CAD program but it's a lot better than drawing in Word or Excel. See the system config diagram I drew ...
    http://gallery.audioreview.com/showp...sort=1&cat=all

Or this crossover schematic ...
    http://gallery.audioreview.com/showp...sort=1&cat=500

Forum Regular
    I use an old version of AutoCAD. I don't detail all the drivers, but do use exact measurements of their critical dimensions. You can perhaps find an old copy, release 14 or 2000, that is only serial number protected. You can make copies. 2000 is plenty powerful.

jocko

here is a 3D modeling software disigned by google, it's free, I quote from the site: "Google SketchUp (free) is an easy-to-learn 3D modeling program whose few simple tools enable you to create 3D models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects – even space ships. You can add details, textures and glass to your models, design with dimensional accuracy" I got it at: http://sketchup.google.com/product_suf.html

ya, anybody even remotely interested in speaker building should check it out, it's absolutly awesome!

Thread Information