Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    This isn't criticism - honest discussion.

I would guess, that the wire suspenson will dampen vertical vibration better than lateral. Also. it will probably dampen lateral front to back better than lateral left to right. The stand itself will probably primarily transmit vertical vibration the most - IF it's on a wood floor and not a concrete slab. If it's on a concrete slab, then vertical vibration should be minimal and front to back the first significant vibration with left to right being the most significant.

When tuning Pro DJ setups, if memory serves me correctly - haven't done one in 20 years - seems like the left channel was the problem child. We used parametric eq to notch out the feedback. Not suggesting this solution to a HiFi setup - just for metion.

Why did you do this? I know you stated no vibrations. What vibrations? Did you hear actual feedback loops? Or just some ringing in the LF region? Did you notice it more in one channel than the other? Just curious.
    Just playing around with an idea, no reason more exceptional than that. I have since removed it, changed around my rack and even sold the Kenny.

Appreciate the input.

ISCET CET, FCC CTT, USITT Dual-500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Just playing around with an idea, no reason more exceptional than that. I have since removed it, changed around my rack and even sold the Kenny.

Appreciate the input.
    Playing with an idea to what end? I'm trying to gain perspective to HiFi afficianado turntable issues/concerns and such.

What side effects are mitigated in home use? Booming? Actual system regeneration? LF ringing?

I understand these are probably "Beginner" or novice type questions - but, I haven't ran a turntable in a home setup a Dual back in 1978. Seems I had that on sitting on foam or some other damping media. And the equipment rack sat across the room from the speakers. It was on a laminated wood floor, pier and beam house against and interior wall with kitchen stove behind it.

I'm not playing with you here or "Baiting".

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    No, no. I don't feel you're baiting me at all! Yes the idea is to rid the deck of all vibrations. The Kenny is obviously not the most isolated design. You are thinking about audible effects, sometimes it's not about what's audible. The vibration can be subtle, and once it reaches the arm, reduce it's ability.

Properly isolation will allow the arm and cart to perform it's job and deliver everything within it's specs, to your ears. So in this case, it's what you're NOT hearing which is the issue.

ISCET CET, FCC CTT, USITT Dual-500's Avatar
    Got it!

In Pro DJ setups on numerous stages, using Ultimate Support Systems or other utility tables with turntable consoles on them - and in some fixed installations in clubs, the system would go into regeneration before nominal system gain was achieved. Hence the use of parametric eq correction.

What you are doing is "fine tuning" or optimizing the system - for things that may or may not be readily perceptible - but certainly worthy of consideration.

That's the perspective I was seeking.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information