Thread: Ar.com's kit

Ar.com's kit

Here's the Ar.com with silver and black vinyl. I went with the curved grill look again.
    The photos stink

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Hi hmmm...

I think you're forgetting something

missed something

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Hi hmmm...

I think you're forgetting something
    Maybe you're not looking close enough...they're really tiny. Just kidding. I don't know what happened. It said they were uploaded. I'll try again in a bit.

Forum Regular

Pictures missing :)

You forgot the pictures
    i am listening to Jazz now, i have never listend to Jazz till i built AR.COM's speakers, i had opend to enother kind of music, i am listening to ALL CHESKY records cd's, they are so doog recorded!!! waw!!! the speakers sounds so great!!! the guitar strings are killing!!!

here goes my second attempt

Notice how Kirstin Dunst is so happy to see my new speakers!
    I didn't show the back of the speakers...I did add the port cover to make it look a little better but that's about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar.com's kit-shes-happy.jpg   Ar.com's kit-speaker.jpg   Ar.com's kit-ar.com-sub.jpg  

chesky

Quote Originally Posted by alexperl
    You forgot the pictures
    i am listening to Jazz now, i have never listend to Jazz till i built AR.COM's speakers, i had opend to enother kind of music, i am listening to ALL CHESKY records cd's, they are so doog recorded!!! waw!!! the speakers sounds so great!!! the guitar strings are killing!!!
    Which one's are you listening too?

no replies

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmm
    Notice how Kirstin Dunst is so happy to see my new speakers!
    I didn't show the back of the speakers...I did add the port cover to make it look a little better but that's about it.
    No replies Kexodusc? You must really hate silver
    I'm already getting the itch to build something else!

I did reply, dont' know what happened.

Looks really good (for silver, I guess). I've got 3 projects on the go right now. I'm redoing the cabinets in one design I built - almost doubling the volume and going with a dual-chamber reflex design to add some bottom end for my sister.
    While I was at it I cut dimensions to try the same in the ar.com's just for kicks...should work fine while squeezing a few more bottom end Hz out of the Peerless drivers without affecting the midrange. We'll see.

Think I'm gonna need another Quatro...damn that thing's cool.

another Quatro

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I did reply, dont' know what happened.

Looks really good (for silver, I guess). I've got 3 projects on the go right now. I'm redoing the cabinets in one design I built - almost doubling the volume and going with a dual-chamber reflex design to add some bottom end for my sister.
    While I was at it I cut dimensions to try the same in the ar.com's just for kicks...should work fine while squeezing a few more bottom end Hz out of the Peerless drivers without affecting the midrange. We'll see.

Think I'm gonna need another Quatro...damn that thing's cool.
    What size is your room? I remember you said it was pretty large. I was actually considering building another Quatro and making custom stands that would sit securely onto the tops of the two subs to place my AR's on them- to the left and right of the t.v. Basically, so they would look like one speaker.
    Just a thought for now because I have plenty of bass. I think I'm going to build a bar to run behind the second row of seats first so I can have it before football season starts. I finally have Sundays off after working them for 12 years and I'm lovin it.
    My neighbor came over and said the basement looks great, but why did you go cheap on the t.v.! Man, that hurt me real deep. He's a big fan of projection. Oh well, at least my speakers sound better than his!

Yeah, my room is 24' X 20' (or 24' X 22') so it's relatively big, I dunno, might be small to some people, but in the HT world, it's considered a large room I think...The sub has no problem playing loud and clean, I just think a 2nd one would be even better and especially help tame the response some. I haven't even hooked up the BFD to apply equalization to the sub, but I suspect I'll have to boost a few low frequencies somewhere in the 20's 6 to 8 dB's at least, and it'd be nice to know I have a ton of headroom with a 2nd sub. It should even out the bass response too. All my other attempts at having 2 subs produced less than stellar results, but, I think I might have gone at it the wrong way.
    If not, I'll find a home for it somewhere...I have a dedicated 2-channel system in my basement studio that could benefit from a sub, but connecting it might be tricky since my Rotel integrated amp doesn't have the LFE output. I don' know if I could use the pre-outs on teh back of the integrated and run those into the plate amp, or maybe the b-channel (but I'd rather not do that)...I can always stuff it in my car...hmmm...
    Last edited by kexodusc; 05-27-2005 at 07:05 AM.

Forum Regular
    I am listening on ER.COM EFE Speakers Kit.
    The sound is amazing.
    I am thinking to build 10' sub for them.

Thread Information