Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2002

    amp-bass speaker- missing link -power needed

    So I have some free time to experiment.

    I have several car amplifiers and two SAS Bazooka Tubes (are incar bass speakers)in addition to a few sub-speakers at home.

    I would like to connect the amp to one of the bazooka tubes but dont know how to get power to the amp. any recommendation on where to get a "inverter" (think thats what it is called) 110AC----> 12DC

    I am pretty sure that I need min 2amp transformer/inverter? ohms law 220watt amp/110volts=2amps correct?

    thanks for any advice.

  2. #2
    SuperPoser Rock789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I see this was posted a wile back, but if you still need the answer..
    .the 220 watt car amp will be rated at 12vdc, not 120vac... so your 12vdc powersupply will need to be > 220 watt ... (input of ~2 amp @ 120 vac, or output of ~ 20amp @ 12vdc)
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts