Well I just did another mod on my project I thought I would relate here.

Basically I ripped out the power supply, switch and motor and mounted them in a home made box. I connected the new unit to the TT using the rubber band for a Project Perspective.

Previously I replaced the standard project 9 arm with another one with better bearings and straight through wired with clearaudio sixstream cabling.

My cartridge is the Shelter 901. Up till now I suffered a bit with noise coming from the motor. Moving the motor to this distance away reduces the perceptable noise level to zero (full volume on the pre-amp - switch the motor on and off - no discernable noise change).

MY Project is now hardly recognizable - soudwise and appearance wise. At some point I will beautify the box, but as the wife aint complaining that is a low priority.