Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Yes, the switch is to bypass the built-in preamp. Lo-Fi is using his in the bypassed mode and using the built-in preamp in his receiver instead. Many receivers don't have phono inputs these days, hence the need for a preamp...

Everything is probably grounded to the grounds on the turntable's interconnects. A separate ground wire would generally end up attached to the same metal surface the ground portions of the RCA jacks make contact with anyway. This will work fine with 99% of equipment.

Using an outboard phono stage should improve the sound if it's high enough quality. A "cheapie" may sound the same or even worse.

Hey Lo-Fi...

The Baerwald protractor on this page (first on page) agrees exactly with the results using the Technics alignment tool on my table.

I wanted to recommend this one instead of the Technics tool which will probably work with your table... but you never know... The only downloadable protractor I could find then was different. Looked more like the Geo-Disc that didn't work right with my Technics. Just found this page now...

http://www.vinylengine.com/manuals_t...tractors.shtml

You just work with it until the cartridge lines up with the lines on the protractor no matter which of the two dots the needle is set down on.
    Last edited by royphil345; 01-17-2007 at 05:39 PM.

AT Newbie
    Cool, I'll give it a try

If you feel like you need to replace the stylus, you can always get a Green for about $30. Honestly, the difference between Green and Silver is VERY minimal... Maybe the Green sounds too good as long as it works with TTs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information