TT up and runnng brilliantly.

I was starting to get annoyed about my TT setup due to hum and country music produced by my phono pre. Not no more.

There is a walk in storage/closet in my livingroom, and that's where I've been keeping all of my music. I finally decided to place my TT setup in there.

So this morning I got on the web and start searching for IC about 4-6 meters long. But it was starting look a bit pricy. So I was a couple of clicks away from purchasing AQ Balck Mamba for around $250. Then I started to realize that I was broke.. F**K!!!
    So I hopped in a shower and started thinking if I should go with somem cheaper such as the Blue Racer or that red one. Next thing I knew, I was shampooing my heard 3 times.(another unexpected expense) Then I realized...

RAT SHACK. YES. I'm so SMART!!!!!

so I patted myself on the shoulder and off I went. Spent $20 on their GOLD AMERICAN SERIES or some rather, and $30 on a "Let's Build it Together, Mommy" TV stands.

anyways..

Not sure exactly why, but I DON'T hear Randy Traveth or Tim McGraw nonsense thru my pre and the noise level has decreased. And the best thing is that I can let my dog run all he wants in the livingroom.

Rat Shack makes pretty good cable folks. Could be bright in some system, but mine has 12 tubes.

It's sounding great. Now I just gotta wait for those blue 4" pyramid
    foam to arrive. Startin to think I shoulda went with Burgundy, but F'it.

Keep it Spinn'

JRA

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Congrats on no more country music. Who would have thought of Radio Shack. Just do not spend too much time in the closet. Uh...oh....never mind.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

LOL!

Thanks JM. It was either RackShack or the choker. No need to choke my troubles away in da closet.

JRA

congrats indeed, nice to know you finally got rid of the country radio station,
    and you made your dogs happy!!

now go sping loads of vinyl

Greetings,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Thanks buddy, and oh I am..

Just hope I wont be late to work 2morrow from staying up too late.

Well done for sorting it.

Peace and keep'm spining

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Huzzah.

I was in a restaurant the other day (Armand's), and they were playing country music, and I realized I really haven't developed a taste for it, despite trying (I mean, c'mon, I want to like Shania Twain and Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood and Martina McBride and...).

So I say again: Huzzah.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Well, my number 4 power tube decided to flash its last dance. Can't decide if I should get a pair of the same EH, or got with some different matching quad... I think I know why this happened. Last week, I woke up and my amp was still on. AND I forgot to turn it off before I went off to work. Again, I blame this on the horse gods.

It was fine all thru out the weekend. But I did notice lack of dynamic in sound, but told my voice to shutta hell up. I think I should go ahead and get an entire new set for another 1000 hours(seems kinda fast).

Let's hope I'll get to say Huzzah within few weeks. Good thing my next month's rent is half off.

J

Thread Information