Thread: response to JRA

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

response to JRA

sorry I didn't find your post in the belt-drive vs. direct drive thread until the thread was closed. (I really intended to avoid the debate.) I spent a considerable amount of time typing a comparison of my entry-level Pro-Ject belt-drive to my new Technics DD (which does NOT have any of the KAB mods) before discovering that the thread was locked down. My post was lost. I may try to reconstruct it after getting over my present frustration.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Dean I am sorry about the loss of you review. I was unhappy with how ugly the thread was becoming and I locked it down. I know many would be interested in reading your comparisons, myself included.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Dean I am sorry about the loss of you review. I was unhappy with how ugly the thread was becoming and I locked it down. I know many would be interested in reading your comparisons, myself included.
    I can appreciate that, JM. That's the very reason why I avoided opening the thread for so long. I should have noticed the lock before I tried to respond. I'll post my comparison in a new thread soon.

BTW, just for clarification and so there's no confusion, JRA's post that I was going to respond to was very civil.

We would love to hear your opinion of SL-1200, but perhaps not a comparison of DD and BD.

Since we both own basically the same unit, I would like to know what all the improvements you had.

I'm considering to get one in Black(Maybe..). Perhaps swap out to a Origin Live arm, if I keep the unit long enough.....

Hey JM, I never thought that thread went outta control.... Was it as bad as RL in cable threads?

Thanks,

Thread Information