Forum Regular

Record and Stylus Cleaners. Comments or Recommendations?

I was wondering about 2 separate things: record and stylus cleaners. I've got a carbon hair brush for the big pieces, but I'm wondering if there's any improvement with some of the more esoteric type of cleaning agents and methods. I saw way back somebody suggesting a vacuum cleaner for records. Is there any improvement? Is it marked or subtle? . How about some of the solutions that are out there?

As for stylus cleaners has anybody ever tried one? I saw this one: http://onzow.ld.infoseek.co.jp/zdust1-eigo.html that I thought looked interesting. I hate having to rub anything against the stylus tip to remove the accumulated dust.

The Onzow Zerodust stylus cleaner works very well and you can pick them up over at AudiogoN.com for around $30.

As for record cleaners - you really can not believe how much better your records will sound if you get a cleaning machine. Especially if you're looking to buy used records - its' essential and I would bargain to say that it's the most important piece of equipment when it comes to the analog world!

I've got a Nitty Gritty Record Master and I use the Disc Doctor brushes and fluids. I clean the records with the Disc Doctor brushes and fluids and manually remove the cleaning fluid with a lint free cloth according to the DD directions. I then rinse twice with distilled water using another DD brush and remove the rinse water with the Nitty Gritty machine - fantastic results. An unbelieveable reduction in surface noise.
    Cayin A-70T Integrated w/ Gold Lion Tubes · PS Audio GCPH Phono Stage · Pro-Ject RPM-9.1 Turntable w/ Pro-Ject Ground-It and Pro-Ject Speedbox II · Dynavector 20X2H Cartridge · Usher Audio X-718 Monitors · Ultimate Cables C4 Interconnects & Speaker Cables

Thread Information