Thread: Dual 505-3

Dual 505-3

Here's a pic of my Dual 505-3 with a Grado Blue cart:

Just recently had to do redo the RCA's. The bottom part was stapled like a Magnepan sock.
    Replaced the staples with screws.

Contemplating selling the table for more room and to fund a new cart or phono stage purchase, but I'm not sure if I can part with it; I love the simplicity of the design.

Been gone from the forum for awhile due to gear fatigue, but I read some great posts from everyone.

Cheers to everyone!!

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enochrome
    Here's a pic of my Dual 505-3 with a Grado Blue cart:

Just recently had to do redo the RCA's. The bottom part was stapled like a Magnepan sock.
    Replaced the staples with screws.

Contemplating selling the table for more room and to fund a new cart or phono stage purchase, but I'm not sure if I can part with it; I love the simplicity of the design.

Been gone from the forum for awhile due to gear fatigue, but I read some great posts from everyone.

Cheers to everyone!!

If you get a chance I would try an Ortofon OptimumMatch 10 or 20 with the Dual. They were originally designed to work well with the Dual as the MM2 series are shaped and designed to work with the Rega arms. When I owned a Dual it came packaged with the Ortofon OM cart. I would try that before I sold the table.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Frankly, I think your notion to sell the table is correct. As long as you channel that money into an upgrade for your other deck. I really believe that "less is more" in this hobby. Your other deck is a Luxman?

And BTW, you haven't missed anything, but you have been missed. Don't be a stranger...

Thread Information