I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

NAD 6325 score/questions.....

Picked up one of this decks today based solely on the NAD name which I have heard makes some good units. Anyone familiar with this unit or know where I can download a owner's manual for free?

Unit is in good shape and seem to be in good working order. I am thinking of replacing my Yamaha K-903 that is currently in my main 2-channel with this unit. Any thoughts???

I recieved a very good suggestion that I should clarify my previous thread a bit.

The NAD 6325 is a cassette player. I know probably no one listens to cassette's anymore but I have close to 200 albums that I had recorded years ago when I was in college and could raid other people's LP collections freely. I still have them and most of them are in still good shape thus the need for a good cassette player and the reason for this purchase. All I have been able to find is that according to Audigon this model went into production in 1989 and retailed for about $280. Any other specs or details that could be provided would be appreciated.

Since my original post I have hooked it up and like the sound very much. The rewind seems a bit slow and maybe on its last legs so any DIY suggestions would be helpful or maybe that is how this unit works but doubt it. Also their is a knob on the unit that says Play Trim. I have not seen this feature on the rather basic decks I have owned in the past. Anyone know what this feature does and how it is used?

Anyone one????
    Any help????

Forum Regular
    Hello there,

It's about 10 years ago that I had the NAD 6325, memorie's dim now. If i can recall, the Play Trim is supposed to alter the Dolby / HF so as to compensate for loss! As I recall, that gimick was subtle at best. I too, did attempt to make repairs myself (no manual), but discovered that it was not straight forward to have the mechanism stripped out. As it wasted too much of my time, I got rid of it and replaced it with the Sony 333 mid-drive deck. Sony's more straight forward, mechanicals are quite easily accessible.

Sorry I can't be of more help with your NAD.

Regards,
    Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Hello there,

It's about 10 years ago that I had the NAD 6325, memorie's dim now. If i can recall, the Play Trim is supposed to alter the Dolby / HF so as to compensate for loss! As I recall, that gimick was subtle at best. I too, did attempt to make repairs myself (no manual), but discovered that it was not straight forward to have the mechanism stripped out. As it wasted too much of my time, I got rid of it and replaced it with the Sony 333 mid-drive deck. Sony's more straight forward, mechanicals are quite easily accessible.

Sorry I can't be of more help with your NAD.

Regards,
    Gerard
    G

Thank you!
    I posted on Audio Asylum and got a couple of responses which mentioned the Play Trim feature worked as you described. At least one of the posters thought it was a worthwhile function. Would love to get an owners manual but I may have to breakdown and pay a couple of dollars for one.

Forum Regular
    I wish you success in getting your deck fixed. As I recall, the owner's manual does not reveal the procedures of trouble shooting the deck. By chance, if you can obtain the repair manual, it will be of more help. I visited the outlet that I bought my deck, and found that the technician had long left, along with all repair notes. Since then, this outlet does not handle NAD nor provide services for it. Frustating.

Speaking of Audio Asylum, Tape Trail does make for interesting reading.
    Comparatively speaking, my brother used to own the open reel decks, and I thought this beats the hell out of any cassette decks! It's history now.

Regards,
    Gerard

While not an answer to your particular question here...

This give you access to some, not all, NAD user manuals. Sadly, not yours, but you may fnd it useful in the future should you find other NAD gear. It only has some of mine, too.

http://nadelectronics.com/product-manuals

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    This give you access to some, not all, NAD user manuals. Sadly, not yours, but you may fnd it useful in the future should you find other NAD gear. It only has some of mine, too.

http://nadelectronics.com/product-manuals
    Markw

Thanks!
    I will save the link. You never know maybe this tape deck was part of an all NAD system that was dropped off at this store. ( I can dream can't I ...... ) I have noticed at this thrift they have a tendency to charge more for common brand names like Sony,Pioneer, Panasonic etc but when they get what they consider an "off" brand like the Marantz, Denon and NAD that I have picked up lately. Not that I am complaining.........

Thread Information