Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Do they make a after market sub platter for pro-ject? I also printed out a strobe disc at VE Can I use a flash light or do I need some sort of florescent light?
    The shop that makes the Deep Groove subplatters sold at Musicdirect also used to make one for the mmf-5...don't know if that's still the case. If so, I would guess it must also fit some Pro-Ject models.

The strobe disc relies on your light being 60 Hz, which is the frequency of your power service. You just need a light that plugs in the wall. A flashlight wouldn't work since it's DC power.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    The shop that makes the Deep Groove subplatters sold at Musicdirect also used to make one for the mmf-5...don't know if that's still the case. If so, I would guess it must also fit some Pro-Ject models.

The strobe disc relies on your light being 60 Hz, which is the frequency of your power service. You just need a light that plugs in the wall. A flashlight wouldn't work since it's DC power.
    Thanks noob.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

and i agree i am also Addicted

That was my first modern turntable. Before that, all had been either Dual or 1970s/80s Japanese models...JVC, CEC, etc.

Thanks
    i think my first TT was by Radio-shack and then i moved up to the Dual and then a B&O with a MMC 5 cart the B&O i still have but it no longer works but it did serve me well i also still have a brand new MMC 3 Cart for the B&O if anyone needs one

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob View Post

OK...those last few were a bit gratuitous. Just getting in a little quality time with Ray Brown Trio and the Marantz.
    So terribly glad to see this thread.

My motor, on my MMF 5.1, after about 250 hours of use, started to make a horrible noise.

(Actually, it was doing it after 20 hours of use IF I used the clamp, but that's another story and I stopped using it.)

Roy says it's time to replace the motor. Seeing these photos let's me know just what I am getting into.

Not plug and play, but an afternoon project.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
    So terribly glad to see this thread.

My motor, on my MMF 5.1, after about 250 hours of use, started to make a horrible noise.

(Actually, it was doing it after 20 hours of use IF I used the clamp, but that's another story and I stopped using it.)

Roy says it's time to replace the motor. Seeing these photos let's me know just what I am getting into.

Not plug and play, but an afternoon project.
    Good luck with your repair project. It's nice that Noob had all the pictures for you to check out before you decided to tackle the job. Are you going to go back to the clamp after the repairs. I still use mine. Jack
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    Good luck with your repair project. It's nice that Noob had all the pictures for you to check out before you decided to tackle the job. Are you going to go back to the clamp after the repairs. I still use mine. Jack
    I dunno. A part of me (magic not science?) thinks the clamp is what messed up the motor in the first place!

Don't worry about the clamp. It can't mess up the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob View Post
    Don't worry about the clamp. It can't mess up the motor.

That's what I'm thinking, too. It's just the memory of the first time I noticed the motor noise was when using the clamp. And then I took the clamp off, and the noise went away.

It's a classic "post hoc ergo propter hoc" foolish conclusion. It was probably co-incidence.

Unless there is some ADDITIONAL mechanical weirdness going on, it doesn't seem logistically possible for the two to interact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information