Thread: SOTA Moonbeam

Suspended

SOTA Moonbeam

The dealer I bought my table from has recently picked up SOTA, he is telling me about this table called Moonbeam that retailed around $750.00 he is really impressed with, saying the speed is as stable as anything he has had in the store which is saying a lot as a comparison. I haven't heard one yet just putting this out there for any one shopping in this range, sounds like a real bang for buck product.

SOTA is a US company and known for the upper end models that uses air pump to suck the LP onto the platter. I almost bought one of these when looking for a table but too large for the space I had.

Wylie has one set up at his place the last time I was there a few weeks back. I'm headed over there again soon. Perhaps I can take a listen then.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    SOTA Comet was a table I was considering when I was having trouble with mounting the new Rega motor. I wanted a table that I could mount my RB250 on since with the rewire and Technoweight sounds so damn good. Years ago the SOTA's received great reviews and was a turntable to dream about. Having a table at that price will give Regas a run for their money.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information