Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lets see pictures of your Deck

Any body want to be first? Lets see pictures of your TT!
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

My TT is in the garage covered in 1/4" of dust.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

thats ok...just go out and snap one with your cell and post it here. It cant be any worse that some of the stuff I've seen at Audiokarma or Vinylengine....what kind is it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    I was looking for pics of the deck in my yard...until I read the post.

Isn't a Deck for Tapes and Table for Turntable? Never heard a TT called a Deck.

Ok I'll play:

all DIY, based on a Lenco L75, with little of it remaining

new photo's coming soon, I no longer have the SME arm, now replaced by my Rega RB301, with modded wiring.

Also: I am planning to rebuild the tt, slightly different design, some new ideas too...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    I was looking for pics of the deck in my yard...until I read the post.

Isn't a Deck for Tapes and Table for Turntable? Never heard a TT called a Deck.
    Your like me...you must be around the 50 year old mark or just under or over. I never heard that either until I heard PoppaC call it that.

And when did records and albums and 45's become vinyl? When I was a kid it was albums, records, 45's and turntables...must be getting old.

So you got a picture of your deck..ahh i mean turntable?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    Your like me...you must be around the 50 year old mark or just under. I never heard that either until I heard PoppaC call it that.

And when did records and albums and 45's become vinyl? When I was a kid it was albums, records, 45's and turntables...must be getting old.
    LOL, I'll be 50 in december...good call

I do still have a nice Onkyo Cassette Deck

Quote Originally Posted by basite View Post
    Ok I'll play:

all DIY, based on a Lenco L75, with little of it remaining

new photo's coming soon, I no longer have the SME arm, now replaced by my Rega RB301, with modded wiring.

Also: I am planning to rebuild the tt, slightly different design, some new ideas too...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    I now see why you are a happy 20 year old...Is the Rega arm better for this deck ...ahh turnrable than the SME arm?

thats ok...just go out and snap one with your cell and post it here. It cant be any worse that some of the stuff I've seen at Audiokarma or Vinylengine....what kind is it?
    It's an old asz Technics. Nothing special. I may have to dig it out from under my tape deck.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Hey Frenchie, We want to see your 7.1

Lets see pictures of your Deck-dsc00212.jpg

Lets see pictures of your Deck-dsc00222.jpg

Crap didn't Work again
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Oh I will...I just want others to go before I do, seeing I started the thread.. We got lots of guys here with turntables (decks for you younger guys) So lets see some of them guys?

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Well I have not taken a picture of my specific table but here it is.

Audio Note TT2 dual motor turntable with Arm 3 and IQ3. It's the most expensive piece of gear in my system.

It also came in a natural wood look here http://www.mostlyaudio.com/TT2Review.html

Incidentally, the TT1 is the one motor version and is quite affordable and truly fantastic. It hangs in easily with upper end Linn LP12 and I liked it better than the Clearaudio Emotion and Roksan Radius 5 and the Oracle Delphi all of which cost at least twice as much. http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...udiophile4.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see pictures of your Deck-audio-note-tt2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    Well I have not taken a picture of my specific table but here it is.

Audio Note TT2 dual motor turntable with Arm 3 and IQ3. It's the most expensive piece of gear in my system.

It also came in a natural wood look here http://www.mostlyaudio.com/TT2Review.html

Incidentally, the TT1 is the one motor version and is quite affordable and truly fantastic. It hangs in easily with upper end Linn LP12 and I liked it better than the Clearaudio Emotion and Roksan Radius 5 and the Oracle Delphi all of which cost at least twice as much. http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...udiophile4.htm
    Nice RGA! Dual motors...man thats a feature I have never heard of on a TT. I thought they where just dual pullys. How old is that model? It has that look like the Linns and the sorts. And why would they need to modify the Rega arm? That arm is good the way it is...at least I thought.

From the rubber dot experiment...no mat...

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob View Post
    From the rubber dot experiment...no mat...

So how does that work out? Does it sound any better? Kinda reminds me of how MH put the little lifters on the edge of there cork matt. BTW I cant see them.

The dots are the little blurred dashes. This photo was taken in low light, so they moved pretty far during the photo, thus making long streaks. The extra grip they provide seems to translate into a bit of grip on the sound. I think it sort of cleans up lower frequencies a tiny bit. But it also adds a touch of bass, something on which I had mixed emotions.

I did some comparisons both ways, thinking I could leave dots ready to use by simply flipping the platter. But it wasn't that easy in the end. I had to add a 3rd shim with the dots to get the tracking angle the same as it was with the felt mat and 2 shims and thus make for a meaningful comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob View Post
    The dots are the little blurred dashes. This photo was taken in low light, so they moved pretty far during the photo, thus making long streaks. The extra grip they provide seems to translate into a bit of grip on the sound. I think it sort of cleans up lower frequencies a tiny bit. But it also adds a touch of bass, something on which I had mixed emotions.

I did some comparisons both ways, thinking I could leave dots ready to use by simply flipping the platter. But it wasn't that easy in the end. I had to add a 3rd shim with the dots to get the tracking angle the same as it was with the felt mat and 2 shims and thus make for a meaningful comparison.
    Where you having problems with your mat? I've got that felt mat which I don't like. I thought about making a mat out of an old suede coat I have but I think I will purchase a mat. I've tried it without a mat on the acrylic platter but you have to be very careful taking it off the platter or the album can get scratched if one does not like to turn off the table to turn over the album like me. Any way your I deal sounds like a good one...love to hear the end result of your study.

Where you having problems with your mat? I've got that felt mat which I don't like. I thought about making a mat out of an old suede coat I have but I think I will purchase a mat. I've tried it without a mat on the acrylic platter but you have to be very careful taking it off the platter or the album can get scratched if one does not like to turn off the table to turn over the album like me. Any way your I deal sounds like a good one...love to hear the end result of your study.
    I made a mat out of padded shelf liner and it's currently on my wife's Debut III. It seems to sound a little cleaner than the felt when used on the steel platter. With the glass platter on my P5, I didn't have any problem with it...just experimenting. I wanted to know how the sound would change with the record practically adhered to the platter. It did change, but it's hard to say if it was truly better. And besides, with the record stuck down it was stopping the platter when I removed the record.

I didn't get too deep into the comparison largely because of the tracking angle issue. But what I heard was somewhat similar to the effect of adding tracking force, at least on the low end. But adding tracking force can compromise the highs; and the rubber dots didn't really do that. The only idea I can come up with on the issue is that during the play of low frequencies there might be a tiny bit of slippage that occurs on the felt mat but not on the rubber dots. In that respect, it sounds like the effect of a clamp or weight...and maybe that's approximately the difference I heard.

I now see why you are a happy 20 year old...Is the Rega arm better for this deck ...ahh turnrable than the SME arm?
    yes, you could say that's why I'm a happy 20 year old (well, it's one of the reasons...)

The rega certainly isn't better, but I borrowed the SME (for one and a half year), because the owner (a friend) didn't need it, and he offered it to me. But he had a new turntable project, and thus back it went

anyhow, still more than happy, I'm going to attempt building a tonearm myself soon, see what I could do, and build another turntable, to perfect this one. The Jelco arm is used most here, it's the best arm I have, definitely up to level with the SME...

cartridges are a Denon DL103, in a Midas body, and a Denon DL304.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Nahhh ... you don't really want to see my deck.

But since you asked: my Technics SL-D2 with Denon DL-110. The pictured Cambridge phono has been replace by a luxurious TCC TC-750. See pics.

I haven't used it in a couple of years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Nahhh ... you don't really want to see my deck.

But since you asked: my Technics SL-D2 with Denon DL-110. The pictured Cambridge phono has been replace by a luxurious TCC TC-750. See pics.

I haven't used it in a couple of years at least.
    ]
    Yes we do....not bad. But seeing you dont use it, just pack it up and send it to me...along with all your albums. I can make it rock!

Yes we do....not bad. But seeing you dont use it, just pack it up and send it to me...along with all your albums. I can make it rock!
    Will you pay the shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Will you pay the shipping?
    Lets see...you live in Canada? How many albums we talking....and weight?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I posted new pictures in my gallery but have not been able to download to this thread. I will try again. Of course it has been in other threads.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Nice RGA! Dual motors...man thats a feature I have never heard of on a TT. I thought they where just dual pullys. How old is that model? It has that look like the Linns and the sorts. And why would they need to modify the Rega arm? That arm is good the way it is...at least I thought.
    Yes it is dual pulley and dual motor - each motor controls each pulley. There is a new AN arm - they have replaced the Rega arm with what some think is a Helious but the entire arm is one piece cast alluminum or something. A lot of buzz on the UK forums about great the new arms are and for very reasonable prices.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information