2 14.29%
  • Don't clean

1 7.14%
  • Don't have LPs

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Without a rinse, the soap will surely dry in the grooves. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I went back to my trusty mix of 3 to 1 and Herbie Hancock has never sounded so good...
    You'll be fine. Just let the suds settle down. The concentration is so low that it shouldn't have build up if you run a dry part of the brush (or a second brush) for a couple of spins after using the solution. 'Course if your having good results without soap I see know reason to add it to the mix.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Chubbs, your original mix might be a classic case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". However...I'd bet LDB is right. In any case, I don't let anything dry on the record...not even distilled water. I vacuum it all up, post haste.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Chubbs, your original mix might be a classic case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". However...I'd bet LDB is right. In any case, I don't let anything dry on the record...not even distilled water. I vacuum it all up, post haste.
    Thanks for the quick replies guys as I am in the midst of cleaning about 50 LPs. I still have the soap solution so "ill wait LDB and see. Ya noob, I am the same, I have these special microfiber towelettes that I use at my work for drying. They're great. Right after I use that, I hit it with a hair dryer on the cool setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information