Denon AU-300LC STEP-UP

I just bought one it will be here in about a week.
    don't know anything about it.
    I am going to use it with the Audio-Technica OC9-MLII.
    Any thoughts?

I will also post a review of it after I have it for a while and its broke in.

*Equipped with LC-OFC (Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper) coil
    *Compatible with 3-40 Ohm cartridge
    *Boosting ratio: 1:10
    *Primary & Secondary Impedance: 40 Ohm : 4k Ohm
    *Frequency response: 20Hz-50kHz
    *Size: W50 x H37 x D110 mm
    *Weight: 260g
    *Made in Japan
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Brandon,

Have you received your SUT yet?
    As discussed, I'm back using my Decware and couldn't be happier.....for the moment.
    It truly brings back more grips around the edges than my all-valved phono pre. Be sure to play aroun with positions and wires with your new toy.

Have Fun,

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Brandon,

Have you received your SUT yet?
    As discussed, I'm back using my Decware and couldn't be happier.....for the moment.
    It truly brings back more grips around the edges than my all-valved phono pre. Be sure to play aroun with positions and wires with your new toy.

Have Fun,
    Been wondering where you been.
    I tracked it today and it was released from U.S. Customs yesterday maybe tomorrow or Thursday I hope.
    I will be sure to post something.
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

thats the $109 unit form audiocubes II?

i say thats a good place to start. not too many changes at once. if i werent set w/SUTs and head amps, i would have tried one. later on, you may want to upgrade....or not. the dynavector p75 is quite popular and is a complete phono section that will do mm or mc. after you get a full measure of the denon, you will know what you want to do.
    ...regards...tr

Nice very nice

I have already played several records.
    Out of the box the Denon AV-300LC Step-Up Transformer sounds great.
    If these break-in over time then I am in for a real treat because this unit is very good sounding already.
    Of all the instructions are in Japanese but there really is nothing to it it has its own output cables permanently installed and there are no adjustments.
    Its well constructed and heavy for its size made in Japon (I did not know it was spelled that way).
    Dead quiet and picks up no interference at all something I was worried that it would do.
    No matter wher it is placed the unit remains quiet.
    As far as sound, it vacuums the music from the grooves.
    Very nice indeed
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by hifitommy
    i say thats a good place to start. not too many changes at once. if i werent set w/SUTs and head amps, i would have tried one. later on, you may want to upgrade....or not. the dynavector p75 is quite popular and is a complete phono section that will do mm or mc. after you get a full measure of the denon, you will know what you want to do.
    Audio Cubes II has them for a little less than what I paid for mine, uh I found out after the fact.

http://www.audiocubes2.com/product/D...ng_Trance.html

So far I like the Denon, my current pre amp MC section is defective it works and then it doesn't when it works I did not care for the sound of it but the Yamaha C-4 has an amazing MM phono section and with the step-up it really does a good job.
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

I've been back using SUT with my LOMC cart. I just love it..... for now.
    My all valved phono pre just doesn't grip the way valve/SUT combination does.

Have fun and be sure to keep upgrading!

J

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

thats GREAT brandon

i am glad to hear that there are still bargains out there. i wont hesistate to recommend this item.
    ...regards...tr

Brandon,

Everything arrived in pristine condition. Have I told you I'd received your SUT? If not, I'm sorry for the delay.

So I've played about 15+ LP with your AU-300, and here is what I've found out.
    I still like music and haven't forgotten how to operate a turntable!

My life has been all work and more work, so I had to rekindle with my gear first, and remind myself what it sounded like. Then I plugged in your SUT and took me about 10 minutes before finding a good spot. It was less prone to hum than my SUT, but it was still there, But, once I found the spot, it was 100% free from a dreadful hum.

I find Denon AU-300 to be more on warm side than my Decware ZMC2. The Denon really allowed me to enjoy what LP got to offer. I can't remember the last time I stayed up 'til 4AM listening to music.
    Since my system is dominated with tubes, I prefer the sound of Decware (quick but slightly steile). I think this SUT will be a good addition to systems that are less than warm. But I always welcome more warmth in music, especially in winter!!!!!

Thanks again for letting me borrow your toy. I'll be sure to return it back to you safely, but I'm gonna get back to more music!
    Peace,

Hiro

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Brandon,

Everything arrived in pristine condition. Have I told you I'd received your SUT? If not, I'm sorry for the delay.

So I've played about 15+ LP with your AU-300, and here is what I've found out.
    I still like music and haven't forgotten how to operate a turntable!

My life has been all work and more work, so I had to rekindle with my gear first, and remind myself what it sounded like. Then I plugged in your SUT and took me about 10 minutes before finding a good spot. It was less prone to hum than my SUT, but it was still there, But, once I found the spot, it was 100% free from a dreadful hum.

I find Denon AU-300 to be more on warm side than my Decware ZMC2. The Denon really allowed me to enjoy what LP got to offer. I can't remember the last time I stayed up 'til 4AM listening to music.
    Since my system is dominated with tubes, I prefer the sound of Decware (quick but slightly steile). I think this SUT will be a good addition to systems that are less than warm. But I always welcome more warmth in music, especially in winter!!!!!

Thanks again for letting me borrow your toy. I'll be sure to return it back to you safely, but I'm gonna get back to more music!
    Peace,

Hiro
    It is a warm sounding SUT that's probably why I liked it since my system is a bit on the bright side with the MC.
    Its cool you were able to find a spot with no hum, I could not get it to hum at all.
    I can see how two warms one being the tubes and a warm transformer would be too much and how a brighter front end would benefit your system.
    The Denon has a guess about 40 hours maybe a little less before you got it. It may still develop a little more maybe.
    Well have fun with it its a cool little toy.
    Its so cool how vinyl can be fun, rewarding, relaxing and exhilarating all at the same time.
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Thread Information