Linear Guy

Bomb Cheapo TT setup

I rekon I have spent thousands trying to put together a good cheap used analog system (confession), so here is my latest "discovery".
    I found a HK T60 used on E Bay. It was a risk, as all used decks are, but after clean-up and greasing, its been working like a charm. Also, after having spent hundreds tryng to find the best budget cartridge,(second confession) I have arrived at the Denon 110.

The two make a stunning combination, my best vinyl thus far. Deep and musical. The table is downright quiet and the Denon 110 handles record surface noise better than any unit I have had. So, including new belt, I have 265.00 into this set-up. I hope it lasts because it sure is nice. I use a wall mount for the table. It is a suspended platter design so isolation is really quite necesary. As far as cheap analog goes, here is how I rate my experiences of the last 3 years, best to worst.

Table: ( all belt)

1) HK TT60
    2) Music Hall 2.2
    3) Pioneer pl 514 ( surprisingly good cheap table )

Cartridges (all between 100.00 and 140.00 )

1) Denon 110 mc
    2) AT 95 with HE stylus mm
    3) AT 440MLa mm
    4) Tonar (Nagakoka) 555 mm

Thats it from here. Confession is good for the soul. I feel marginally better. keep em spinning gents.

Nice to see you got good for your time and money...once you are satisfied, there is no turning back. Enjoy your rig.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Thread Information