Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading

Forum Regular

Upgrading

so told I sold my rotel RA1062 and now the hunt begins. I decided i want to go to seperates and I want to go rotel. Im hopefully going to be able to get two RB1050's and hopefully find a rotel pre amp to, if i dont find two RB1050s i might just get a different rotel power amp but im also wondering if i cant find a matching rotel pre amp what would be another that would match well with the rotel's ?

I have seen on some forums that Nuforce preamps working well with Rotel amps. I have one in my system and it works well with my Adcom. The P-8 model I have is very small light and easy to fit into a system and after breaking in is very detailed and smooth at the same time. Reviewers have even said it has a tube type quality to the midrange without the loss of tight detailed bass and extended clean highs. I love mine and they can be found at good prices but every ear is different and what I like might not be what you do but it is just an idea.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Forum Regular
    hmm that is something to think about but all the ones i saw were out of my price range. That is true everybody's ear is different

ryanianmckinnon pm sent
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanianmckinnon
    so told I sold my rotel RA1062 and now the hunt begins. I decided i want to go to seperates and I want to go rotel. Im hopefully going to be able to get two RB1050's and hopefully find a rotel pre amp to, if i dont find two RB1050s i might just get a different rotel power amp but im also wondering if i cant find a matching rotel pre amp what would be another that would match well with the rotel's ?
    If you don't mind my asking; what's the purpose of the upgrade?

I am a big fan of Rotel, but I'm not sure that moving from an RA-1062 to 2 RB-1050s and a RC-1070 would be an upgrade in sound quality.... certainly you'd get more power, but then the question is whether your speakers need more power...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    If you don't mind my asking; what's the purpose of the upgrade?

I am a big fan of Rotel, but I'm not sure that moving from an RA-1062 to 2 RB-1050s and a RC-1070 would be an upgrade in sound quality.... certainly you'd get more power, but then the question is whether your speakers need more power...
    Sounds like he wants separates and not a integrated amp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Sounds like he wants separates and not a integrated amp.
    If that's the case, then Rotel seperates are the way to go IMO....

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Ryan

I am pretty close to you living in Nanaimo/Port Mcneill. I am about 95% sure I will be moving to Hong Kong for work.

If you are interested in the Rotel RC 1082 Preamp (I bought it from Soundhounds) then let me know.

rausten@dagogo.com -

ps: I also have an RB-1050 power amp

Forum Regular
    Yeah i want to go to seperates because i can upgrade more and i want more power, my speakers are paradigm monitor 9's v.6 and they are biwired, they can deffinetly take the power. RGA when are u moving there ? how much would u sell your 1082 pre amp for ? and also how much would u sell the 1050 for ? im looking to get two 1050's because they are fairly cheap, fit into my budget and they will give me enough power. send me a personal messge with the price. thanks

If you like the sound of the Rotel gear but just want more power and headroom then going Rotel separates will probably be the way to go for you. I used to sell Paradigm years ago and have actually heard the speakers you have with a number of different front ends on them and have heard good results from several brands of preamps as well as amplifiers form different price classes(most of them being in the Adcom,Rotel,ETC class) seeing that most people that upgrade above the levels of said brands usually upgrade to a upper level speaker as well (not saying that the monitor series Paradigm are bad) in fact I ran the monitor 7's for years before moving to my Dynaudio's and they served me well for many years and you are right that they can handle the power. The only thing that I noticed with the monitor series is that they prefer a more neutral sound form your front end and they will definitely let you know if your front end has a bright side. but otherwise moving to Rotel separates might just be the right move for you.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Forum Regular
    I really liked my RA1062 it did me good, i think it will be the way for me because im on a budget and the rotel gear i want to get fits in with my budget. Yeah i am happy with my speakers i dont need anything else for now. They handled what the 1062 could throw at them what do u mean front end ? like power amps ?

Hi ryanianmckinnon.

I bought my Paradigm Monitor 7 v3 brand new in 2003. I had them for 5 years thinking they where not as good as I had heard them at the dealers and I could not find the reasons why. I had only used them in a home theater set up for all those years.

So one day I decided to run then in my two channel rig with 200 watts per channel from the Rotel RB 1080 amp. Boy was I surprised at what I heard. The Monitor 7's which previously had a soft bottom end exploded on me. I mean the bottom end presence was full...mids were a little richer and the top end was a little smoother. But the bass was just great! Made the Monitor 7's a more balanced speaker. I discovered the Paradigms need power. So I put them back in my home theater with an Adcom amp running to the fronts, and I added my Rotel CDP. So when listening to music only up stairs in the home theater, I run the Marantz as a pre and the Adcom feeds the Paradigm and I have great sound. IF you can get enough juice going through the Paradigms, you have a nice speaker.

Forum Regular
    Hello again frenchmon i love my paradigms it was a choice between the monitor 9's and b&w's but i was reading that the b&ws are mostly for jazz so i bought my paradigm's. I think when i feed them more power they will sound as good as before if not better i am hoping. i tried sending you a message frenchmon but it didnt work it said u had to clear some messages once u do that i will try and send you the message again.

Ok its all cleared now.

Forum Regular
    ok sounds good, it is going to be nice once i get everything i want, it is weird looking at my audio cabinet and seeing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanianmckinnon
    ok sounds good, it is going to be nice once i get everything i want, it is weird looking at my audio cabinet and seeing nothing.
    Did you get rid of everything? I thought just the amp

Forum Regular
    no I didnt get rid of everything just the amp, i have the turntable, monster power centre and my denon sacd/dvd player but that im selling

There is a pawnshop here that has a Rotel 1070 power amp. I think its $350.00

Do you want it? Its 2 x 130 watts

Sure, but I cant do it until Saturday. ITs over in St. Louis,and I live act

Forum Regular
    Thats not bad for a Rotel 1070 would u be able to find out for me, cause that would be good for my bottom end and have a 1050 for the mid's and highs

I can find out Saturday. I live in St. Charles which is across the river from St. Louis. About 20- 25 miles from my home.

Did you get my PM?

Forum Regular
    ok thanks alot hopefully it will be in half decent condition also how much do u think it would be to ship cause i dont want to spend to much to have it shipped if i have to

Forum Regular
    yeah i did im just thinking about it

The RB 1070 weighs 26 pounds..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information